“Great for breakfast”

Bakery & deli-cafe bread and roses
Ranked #98 of 288 Bakeries in Paris
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Woking UK
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We came across this as we were wandering the streets one morning.

My husband and I just had a basic breakfast of crossiants and coffee. The crossiants were to die for. The coffees looked spectacular and my husband liked his. I made the mistake of thinking I could drink mine but once converted to soy/almond milk it's a bit rough drinking dairy ( starbucks do cater for non-dairy).

The food in the deli window looked amazing as did the bakery both sweet and savoury. With that said, it would be more helpful living there to be able to try all the delicious looking food. Price wise we weren't that bothered as overall Europe is more expensive for eating out in cafes/restaurants.

The waitress that we had spoke in english which made things easy as our french is almost non-existent.

I will be going back again next time I'm in Paris.

• Visited March 2013

Riga via London and DC
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Quick breakfast this morning with my partner. She had the goat cheese on toasted raisin bread, I went for a croissant with strawberry jam and a pain au chocolat. While I'm starting to realize that Paris is very, very expensive, her portion was quite large, with a nice salad on the side as well. The. Croissant was good and the jam excellent, the pain au chocolat was ok, though nothing to write home about. All in all, a nice little breakfast, with a somewhat larger bill than I would have liked.

UK
“Fantastic bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a great little bakery. It is organic, so it more expensive than others, but the quality is amazing. The brioche is staggering, and if you think it looks expensive on the menu, you do get the whole loaf! Far too delicious and easy to eat...
The staff a lovely, not effusive, but polite and charming. I had a long and involved conversation with the manager (owner?) about the importance of good bread, and he very kindly gave me some tips on getting Cannele right.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“One to avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unfortunately we sought this cafe out after reading a recommendation in a family guide book to Paris.
Certainly not for families, the overpriced lunch menu consisted mainly of vegetable quiches and tarts (approx. 20euros per meal).
There was nothing on the menu that suited our children so we asked if they could have a sandwich each from the counter. Our request was immediately refused as the sandwiches were just to 'take away' even though my husband and I were ordering full meals. We had no option but to leave.
The 'owner' refused to look at us, leaving a young waitress to pass on messages and as we left he sneered - a thoroughly disagreeable man!
We didn't get to taste the food on offer but wouldn't return if we were starving!
Also perturbed at the number of flies buzzing around the food - in November!!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank KJ1303
Campbell River, Canada
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was truly lovely! Great food, amazing bread and pastries! The atmosphere is very French Cafe, very clean! Excellent service, highly recommend you lunch here

• Visited October 2012