“Worth a second trip”

Bakery & deli-cafe bread and roses
Ranked #94 of 272 Bakeries in Paris
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
San Francisco, California
“Worth a second trip”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great restaurant for foodies. Wonderful meals and yes, definitely expensive but sharing is a good way to go as the portions are generous. Our first visit was for brunch on a Saturday and my daughter had a number of salads and I had the mushroom quiche (the crust was to die for). It was crowded but service was prompt and pleasant. We went back a few days later for lunch and shared the salads.

• Visited January 2012

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“SUPER RESTAURANT! AMAZING FOOD, GREAT SERVICE!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Bread & Roses at Rue Boissy d'Anglais is one of my favorite restaurants in Paris!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this restaurant!

See my whole review with pictures here! http://www.mylucky9.com/taste/restaurant-bread-roses-in-paris

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lucky S
Dallas, Texas
“The bread was very good and the quiche was one of the best I've ever had”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The two main cons are that the sit down space is small and the restaurant is pricey for the volume of food that is served.

Visited December 2011
Athens, Greece
“Ridiculously pricy!”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I paid 33 euro for a cheese burger....on top of that the burger was close to "tartare". I believe I should have been asked if Iwanted it medium or rare.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank irz
Barcelona, Spain
“Just not nice people, again”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My daughter and I stopped by the Madeleine restaurant for a break from shopping, just before noon. They were setting up the tables for lunch and the place was about half empty. Despite this they refused to sit us at a table and directed us to the bar. This may have been fine were it not for the fact that my daughter is obviously handicapped and would not fare well teetering on a bar stool. France's attitude towards the handicapped strikes again. Can't say what the food is like but would discourage you from going. Just not nice. (Ironically, this place shares the name with a wonderful organization that cares for fragile and isolated people).

• Visited November 2011