“Cosy little place ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We managed to book online but I'm not sure if they got the booking but that didn't matter because when we arrived (on a Thursday 8pm) the small restaurant only had one other set of customers so getting a seat wasn't an issue. Once time ticked on the place did end up full so I guess the advice would be to arrive early or make sure you book if you're going later in the evening.

Staff were great, with the chef more than willing to translate the menu fully into English which certainly helped with ordering.

Food was very nice but I wasn't blown away like other people seem to have been. That's not to say the food isn't good, it certainly is. I just didn't get the hidden gem feeling that others have spoken about.

Price wasn't too bad considering how highly rated it seems to be on here. There certainly wasn't any shocks when the bill came.

1  Thank ant_thomas

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My son and I were greeted by the owner and chef and welcomed in for an early dinner without reservations if we could vacate the table in 90 minutes - not a problem. I appreciated the accommodation they made for us. We had an excellent meal of Sea Bass with Lentils and Sea Scallops and Shrimp with Risotto. As well they served a tasty marinated salmon with a perfect sauce accompanying.

Le Morgane is a small restaurant with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Obviously a neighborhood favorite that invites travelers as well. Call ahead for reservations or come early.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fantastic meal on our last night in Paris.
Great little find. Well worth the walk from our hotel.
We were sat outside, as we hadn't booked, but were pleased they fitted us in.
After hearing good reviews we had to try it.
Beautiful food and a lovely free potato soup while we waited to order. It was delicious!
Service was great and the chef was kind enough to explain the whole menu to us and recommend his speciality, which was braised lamb shank, which I chose. It was fantastic!
Both starters were great.
Both mains were great and so was pudding. :D
Good Merlot too.
Will return to eat here when we return to Paris.

1  Thank emluca123
Reviewed October 16, 2013

2 Adults and 2 teenagers had a fantastic 2 course meal and were absolutely full for a total of EUR 150 including wine. It is a small restaurant so I do advise booking in advance.The place itself is not anything special but do not let that scare you away. The service was good and the neighborhood seems ok.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to this restaurant on our last night in Paris after reading the good reviews on TA. Our first impressions were good and the place itself is clean and well kept. The owner and Chef used to be a private chef for Clint Eastwood, Demi Moore etc, he is very welcoming and will translate the menu for you if you are struggling! We all had Foie Gras to start which was probably the best we'd ever had, followed by lamb shank and scallop risotto which were delicious! The deserts were equally as good and the house wine did the job! €140 for two adults and two kids isn't the cheapest but then again Paris isn't cheap! I would stress that if you are with children please get a taxi home rather than walk as the surrounding area is not the best and not very well lit.