“My favourite restaurant in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of le petit canard

le petit canard
Reserve with
le petit canard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: If you are looking for real familial french food with products coming from our farm (duck), this is the place !
Yorkshire
“My favourite restaurant in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is such a gem, I could wax lyrical for pages but suffice is to say go there (but only if you like duck)! This family owned restaurant has a lovely ambience and a warm welcome is always extended to their clients. The menu is quite extensive - it's amazing what can be done with a humble duck - but I recommend the Discover the Duck menu and the Cafe Gourmand pud - ooh, my mouth waters at the thought! - for 37 euros it's really good value. Service is excellent, you can take your time but do book a table if you go at the weekend. I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Ducktastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Tucked away on a little side street is this gem of a restaurant. The clue is in the title, most of the food is duck based. This restaurant is family owned, and all the duck comes from their own farm. On the night we visited, we were the only non-french people in there which I consider a good sign. The service was courteous, and the waitress very helpful. The food was very tasty, and the wine reasonably priced. The restaurant has a laid back and cosy atmosphere. I will definitely go back there when I return to Paris. HIghly recommended!

Te Awamutu, Waikato, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Great place, very friendly staff and spoke excellent english. We both ordered the discover duck menu, different entrees but the same main- duck a l'orange. It was delicious. Highly reccomend.

London, United Kingdom
“Charming little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife booked this restaurant with the knowledge of my love of duck, and we weren't disappointed. We received a warm welcome from the owner who immediately invited us to sit down and provided us with bread and menus translated into English. The dining room is really cozy and inviting and just what you expect from a parisian restaurant.

The menu, as you would expect from the name, has a large number of duck options, though these are not the only dishes on offer. I had the oeuf cocotte with foie gras and smoked duck, which is not something I would normally choose, but was absolutely amazing and has become a staple whenever I am entertaining at home. Others had the onion soup and a duck salad, which were all really good.

For main courses we had a variety of different duck dishes which were all excellent. We all managed to find space for dessert, which mercifully didn't have duck in them, and all were excellent.

At the end of the meal the owner brought us a digestif of calvados, which was a really nice touch. We left feeling full of food and good cheer after a lovely restaurant experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Greggwoodier
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The menu of duck which comes directly from the family farm is down to earth, yet delicious. I went with the Magret Entier while my dining partner had the Canard a la Orange. Both were perfectly prepared. The table service was welcoming and helpful. Highly Recommend.