“Best comfort food in town”
Review of Louise Cafe

Louise Cafe
Reserve with
Louise Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #941 of 17,598 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a lovely dinner at Cafe Louise last evening. The wine was delicious. We did not have an appetizer. For dinner, we had the ratatouille, which was the best any of us has ever had. I had the coq au vin and could have it again tonight. It was delicious. We also had the Parisienne chicken club sandwich. Incredible! Louise is charming and rightfully proud of her lovely restaurant. She describes her food as what we would have at home. If only! Do the French really eat like this at home?
The music was delightful. The desserts were made by her daughter and were so wonderful! We had the chocolate gateaux and the profiterole with homemade ice cream and chocolate sauce. Someone described it as orgasmic. I wouldn't disagree. I wish we had discovered Cafe Louise sooner so we could go back before we leave but there's no time. We'll definitely be back next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to Cafe Louise after reading a review. After being to a few tourist restaurants in Paris, we wanted something extra and at Cafe Louise we were surprised.
Louise herself gave us good recommendations at to what to order. When the food arrived it was beyond our expectations. It really was Devine and had a home cooked feeling to it. Desserts were excellent.
Louise and the staff were genuinely friendly and happy to chat and discuss the dishes. The restaurant itself is very comfortable.
Without doubt, I will return to Cafe Louise anytime I go to Paris.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went there before our visit of Louvre. First just for glass of wine, than we decided to have a lunch. Very good choice. We had duck with mashed potato and lasagne both with small salad. Very good taste. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting the Lourve, so we decided to visit one of the top rated restaurants nearby. This cafe came up and served authentic French food. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, so we were excited.

When we walked in, there were only a couple tables being used. Since we had a baby, we wanted to make sure he had room on the couch area, so we moved to sit in a table that fit four as technically we were a party lf 3. We immediately were told to move and said that we cannot sit at a table that can fit four, so we forced to sit in a 2 seater with very little room for our 8 month old to move around. We ended up passing him back and forth and eating with one arm holding him at all times.

The owner did make up for it a bit by giving us an extra stool to place our belongings on since we had no where to put them. She also helped us select off the menu and was quite friendly overall.

We ordered the steak tartare (medium rare) with ratatouille as the side and the baby grilled ravioli. My husband's dish, although very French and unique was a little too much in portion size to eat of rare meat. It was overwhelming and actually might have been better served in a smaller portion. The ratatouille was good. To be fair, we don't have a lot of experience with this dish, but flavor wise it was just ok. My ravioli was good. The grilled and baked it, so it definitely stood out. It isn't served in typical ravioli fashion and it is definitely tasty with all the cheese.

Overall the place is just ok.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We are from Texas
My wife, inlaws and 2 children went here due to the reviews on Tripadivsor - VERY close to the LOUVRE
Kids - the ham & Cheese was so good we all ate it - it was like a flat bread / pizza thing MMMM!
Adults - The best was (I am a steak eater) a Chicken pasta dish ( I ate mine and some of my wife's) Ratatouille - man this was great and...rememnber - I am a steak eater ...go figure

The owner (Louise) was so nice and warm, she does truly care about her customer's experience. The staff was great as well.

1  Thank Tim B