“Fabulous!”
Review of Louise Cafe

Louise Cafe
Reserve with
Louise Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #981 of 18,124 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter & I were famished after visiting the Louvre and found this lovely little bistro. We were treated like family, albeit American cousins worthy of a bit of laughing wonder, and the service was great. We loved the food and wine. I recommend this place and would be happy to go back.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I ate here twice... Solo. The food and service was wonderful. I had a lamb shank on recommendation of the waiter and it was spectacular! Served with gorgeous mash potato, bread and a lovely red wine, hello Paris! My second meal needed to be a bit lighter after a dodgy stomach so I had a bowl of lovely ravioli soup with crusty bread, perfect. I ate at numerous other Paris restaurants but this was my most memorable. Also great was the personal touch of Louise wondering around and checking on the patrons.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A charming place with a welcoming owner....very good food at a reasonable price with great service. We had the linguine with tomato and basil and the coq au win, both were delicious!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The owner was friendly, and the wine was fine, but that couldn't make up for the bad quality of the food, which was subpar even by the standards of a medium-sized American city. Very simple menu, no courses beyond main dishes and desserts. I had the ratatouille, which consisted of summer squashes simmered in a tomato sauce. Certainly no better than something I would make at home on a weeknight. My wife had the salad Nicoise, which came with tuna that was obviously from a CAN. We were the only ones in there, even though all the surrounding cafes were packed. Our experience here has seriously made us question the value of TripAdvisor for restaurant reviews.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The food ia great, the atmosphere ia marvelous and serving time was very quick. Located in a central place near he louvre museum.