“Hard working waiter and tasty, generous portions”
Review of Cafe Gallery

Cafe Gallery
Ranked #10,360 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had lunch here because it seemed to be well populated with locals who work in the vicinity of Galleries Lafayette, and managed to snag a table outside (although inside tables were packed as well). We understood almost immediately why....really good French food combined with an "energizer bunny" waiter. Most French cafes are understaffed, which typically means slow service. Not at Cafe Gallery. The middle-aged waiter serving all of the outside tables managed to keep everyone happy, with food delivered hot. The omelette had large, generous chunks of ham, lots of gruyere cheese in a perfectly assembled final product. The French onion soup was flavorful, hot and filling. A special order of "frites" did not disappoint -- crispy and also generous. Add in a bottle of Vittel and a glass of rose wine, and the total, including taxes and service came to 27 Euros. We were stuffed and happy!

There are thousands of cafes like Cafe Gallery in Paris, but this is definately above average in quality and service.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Wanting a late lunch/early dinner since we just arrived in rainy Paris, we found this lovely cafe on our way to do some indoor department store shopping.Three beers, one coke, a croque monsieur, special 3 cheese quiche, and charcuterie plate for 60 euro.Very friendly service.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Its not really that difficult to find a nice place to eat in Paris, but to find a restaurant with friendly service is not that easy.

On the hunt for somewhere to eat after a Seine boat trip which worked up an appetite, we stumbled across Café Gallery located near the Galeries Lafayettes and the Opéra Garnier.

We were very warmly welcomed by the head waiter who was smartly dressed and very pleasant. He promptly seated us next to the window and explained the specials. Classic French cuisine in plentiful supply at this cosy and buzzing eatery. All we could here were lively conversations in French, so this was the next good sign.

I had a beautifully prepared and perfectly seasoned Steak Tartare with delicious hand cut chips and a lovely crisp dressed green salad. My companions ordered Croque Monsieur and a Chicken and Tagliatelle dish. All the dishes were clean when leaving the table. I chose to have a refreshing glass of Kir also.

The desserts were fabulous. Creme Brulée for me, a Pear Tart and a Lemon Meringue Tart for the others. The Creme Brulée was like velvet and had those delightful little black specs of vanilla beans, the pear tart was buttery, sweet and delicious and the Lemon Tart was divine. Zingy lemon curd with a fluffy mmeringue on top.

The service was excellent also. At one stage I accidentally knocked my partner's fork on the floor and within five seconds it was replaced by a friendly, smiling waitress. I need to point this out specifically because back home in Ireland, after asking five times for a clean fork, you'd have to eventually just go and fetch one yourself.

I heartily recommend this place. Try out whatever French you have, and don't worry, the staff do speak very good English. They will also encourage you and make you feel at home.

Bon appetit!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Can't pass this place by for atmosphere and activity. Just a few metres from my chosen hotel, this is what I consider a Paris street cafe ... always busy, great service. good beer. Regret not tried the food ..maybe one day ... especially with the favourable comments here.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch at this cafe just a few seconds walk from the famous Galleries Lafayette. We had a croque monsieur and croque madame (it has a fried egg ontop!) which came with lovely chips and a green dressed salad. To accompany two zitron pressee and two coffees. My husband couldn't resist a Tiramisu for dessert, and the teaspoon of which I managed to steal was gorgeous! We sat outside (in cold weather super efficient patio heaters are switched to the max) to watch the world go by. The place was full of Parisiens and I think we must have been the only tourists there. The service was super speedy and friendly, especially when we attempted our best French! I highly recommend this delightful little bistro.