“Nice place, but I wont be back” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Christopher's Canal Paris

St Christopher's Canal Paris
Ranked #7 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“Nice place, but I wont be back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The beds were nice. Each bunk has its own private light and charging station. I met some great people downstairs. The bar had a fun "trivia night" while I was there. I think overall St. Christopher's was ok, but I'll probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tayou A, Responsable relations clients at St Christopher's Canal Paris, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi,

Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that is why we were a little bit confused by your last comment! Did something went wrong and you did not want to mention it?

We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve, so we genuinely will look forward to hearing your reply.

Your St Christopher’s Team Paris.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at st Christopher's for 5 nights. I really appreciated the curtains over the bed and the plugs/ light available over each bed. Makes a lot of sense and is something every good hostel should have. The staff are super friendly and helpful, there are just a few things in my opinion it could improve on... I've stayed in a lot of hostels,the one I loved the most had a mini fridge in every room. Such small thing can make such a huge difference to what kind of food you can buy and keep fresh! The beds are comfortable, however in my room it was such that if one person moved you could feel it in all three of the other beds on that side. Very annoying if your a light sleeper! The bathrooms were clean enough. Also the breakfast in the morning needs more staff on hand. It's great that they provide ham and cheese, but not so great when every morning you acre constantly waiting for something, wether it be cups, cheese, bread, milk etc, it gets a bit annoying after a while. Also if you arrive early and need to store luggage it costs so bring change, although reception happily provided change for a note when asked. So in General, a good hostel! I would recommend it to others :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi,

Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the friendly and efficient service of our staff. Also be assured that we will take in account all your suggestions and we will see how we can implement them the best ways for our dear guest.

We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pretty good hostel, a typical large hostel with a lot of rooms and a lot of people. Breakfast was good service is good. I recommend buying beers from down the road and sit outside!! Computers were not able to back photos up which was inconvenient.

Hi,

Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the friendly and efficient service of our staff.In relation with the computers we do understand your disappointment for not being able to upload your pictures which is due to the fact that all our computers are under the same network and our system will be under potential virus intrusion and you can easily imagine the effects.

Badulla, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

spacious room with huge window and clean comfortable beds with a curtain for a little privacy kinda cool ! There is padlocked cage for your stuff if you want !
Super friendly helpful staff ! free WiFi worked fine for me ! feel quite safe even for girls !

Towels are not free but just 2 euros.. Far from all the most of the famous attractions ! But its just next the beautiful canal and the area quite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The inn itself was quite full, lot of people checking in and checking out.
The receptionist is very rude and not accommodating. I bought tickets for warm breakfast, the problem is that I had to go 7am the next morning, and the warm breakfast does not serve until 9am. I tried to have a refund, but again the staff is just not helping at all. Not providing solution, just, 'ask my manager' thing coming up again.

I won't stay here again, and will not recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Sweet hostel, great atmosphere. Really easy to meet other hostel goers. Lochlin and Mel are part of the wicked staff that are super friendly and fun. Wifi kind of blows in the rooms but is good in Belushi's. great deal with the bar for cheap food and drinks. Have to take the metro to get to any sort of tourist attractions but still relatively easy.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the the Canal St Christopher's for over a week and would highly recommend it! From the reception staff to the bar staff, their customer service was great! Everyone had a smile on their faces. Cadeh (who is on reception) went to all his efforts to make sure my friend who was joining me would be able to stay in my room. He even carried my suitcase up the stairs when they were doing maintenance work on the lift! If there was ever an issue, it would be fixed within the moment! I'd name drop the bar staff too, but no need because each person was great and their service and bar games were super! Wish I could just pack up this hostel and take it with me so I can stay there anytime! ;)