“A little gem!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“A little gem!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Found this wonderful little bistro on our first night in Paris while walking the streets near our hotel looking for somewhere to eat. As it was the Easter weekend, open restaurants away from the tourist hotspots where quite hard to come by. After noticing it was open, a quick check of the menu was enough to entice us in. Inside we were greeted with a smile and shown to our table. The interior was cosy, but not too small, and tastefully decorated with black and white photographs of old Paris. For starters I had black pudding with apple in pastry, while my wife had the potted smoked mackerel....excellent. Main course was the lamb with a sauce I can't remember but was superb, while rabbit in a liquorice sauce was my wifes dish. Desserts consisted of the apple tart for my wife while I had the profiteroles in a honey sauce. Superb food all round and wonderfully presented. The 2 staff on duty at the front of house worked tirelessly as the place got busy, but were always ready to attend to you and give you that bit extra. The prices were a bit on the high side, although you pay for what you get, and in my opinion was worth every penny.

• Visited April 2012

Dallas, TX
“Best tarte au pomme in the World, yes, World!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant many, many times over the past 15 years and never been disappointed. Chef owned. I've tried to find tarte au pomme as good as Chef Joel's in other Paris restaurants, as well as restaurants in NYC, Dallas, and other cities; however, nothing comes even close so I've stopped trying. Get it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Metro Charles Michels.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank TXTish
Leiden, The Netherlands
“fantastic food and service”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Had my lunch here, was suggested by the reception of my hotel. Is for sure one of the best places I have been to: excellent quality food and taste and presentation. I took the dish of the day cod with lentils which in theory could be quite plain and was superb. Then I took the cafe gourmand and of the little sweets let's say one or two were not of my taste, but the choco mousse, a creamy thing tasting like rhubarb, a hot pastry... well I am really tempted to go there for more of my meals in this trip, if only I was not so curious to explore more. The service was excellent, very focused on your needs, removing timely dishes and also the crumbles from the table. They have a menu in English which is always welcome. I had less than one hour lunch but it was served all timely so I could enjoy everything. Even tough it does not look like a luxury place, inside was very quiet and peaceful and together with the great service would make you think of a classy place, while still the price was affordable (30eur for main+dessert+glass of wine+bottle water) I would probably not bring my kids there as it will feel very odd. I would say perfect for dinner in two or for business lunch (not in group though, place is quite small), or solo as I did. I think maybe in the dinner could be busier than at lunch times.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank kochou79
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Nice people, good food and quick service...If you stay in Hotel Point Plaza Mirabeu you get a free drink :).

London, United Kingdom
“Very good food!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We selected this restaurant just by looking at the menu outside.
The restaurant is small and cosy, with good atmosphere. The food was very good - not too much in each course (Mise en bouche; Apetizer; Main plate; Fromage; Dessert; Coffee) so we did not feel too full. The food was prepared quickly and freshly. The wine was excellent, with a good range to choose from.
We shall return!