“I'd rather go somewhere else”
Review of Cafe Kleber

Cafe Kleber
Reserve with
Cafe Kleber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,675 of 17,739 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good location yet very noisy for the traffic. Expensive (6.90€ for a cappuccino)! No WIFI, Service (15%) included in the tkt, so waiters do not even bother to make efforts.

2  Thank funkazio

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a bite to eat here and it went fairly well.

It is in a prime location so yea it could be touristy. But I am a tourist. Our waiter was great, he spoke English very well and the accent wasn't even that bad. Most French who speak English have such a bad accent while speaking English you still can't understand them. Besides that, he was very prompt and quick...... until he took a break/lunch and his colleague, whom sucked, took over for a bit. He was slow, not personable, and just ehh.

As for the food. We I bought some steak and pomme frites and so did the wife, but a cheaper version of it. Mine was a combo came with a choice of appetizer, dessert, and a boisson (drink). I picked shrimp cocktail, and glace for my dessert. The meats were cooked great. They were also tender and the knife cut through them with so much ease. They did taste great and satisfying. Cocktail was ok, they used thousand island dressing and not the typical "cocktail" sauce we all know and love here in the USA. The ice cream dessert was ok too, and enough for us to share. The fries with our steaks tasted good! Too bad we weren't offered ketchup with them.

I mean overall it was a satisfying dinner, and with 2 main courses, 1 app, 1 dessert, and 1 drink the 40 something Euro didn't seem too bad at all, until it shows up on my credit card as USD for $60+ HAHAHAH. Damn you US DOLLAR! If this was in the states, I would expected a lot more for $60 USD. But since it was in Paris, it will be ok. I still had to take 1 star off for that hiccup in slow service due to the break of my initial waiter.

Just to add, if you are going to sit outside, or still inside but just barely, don't hate because of the smoke because it's expected. People will and are smoking so if this is a problem tell them to sit you deep inside.

Bathrooms also are SUPER DUPER SMALL. The ENTIRE bathroom is the size of 1 United States Handicap/Disabled stall LOL.. Think of that and imagine fitting a stall, a urinal, and sink in that space.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great place to sit and watch the world go by! Friendly staff - great for children. Good value meals (for Paris!)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

As expected the restaurant was in the touristic Trocadero area near the Eiffel Tower and he food was Ok. The service however was correct and the waiter spoke perfect English. A nice option for lunch though...

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My family of six visited this restaurant on our last night in Paris and wow, were we disappointed! We were seated very quickly but then waited nearly 20 minutes, watching other people who arrived after us have orders taken, served drinks and have their starter/main course delivered!Not being happy, I complained to the Maitre'd who after a few sharp words to his waiter, arranged for our tables to be laid out and order taken. We speak enough french to get by and you usually find that most waiters can speak enough English to help out. Our waiter refused to speak any English, spoke french quickly and didnt attempt to help at all. I am very much a 'when in Rome' person but this waiter was being deliberatley difficult because I had complained. Main courses were served before the entrées, food average at best and service terrible. I complained again to the Maitre'd who told me the staff were all new. He didnt lie very well and was very embarrassed!! Ps. The waiter spoke English to other diners!