“New year to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #99 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Perth, Scotland
“New year to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely 3 night stay at Le Fabe hotel over New Year. We really wanted a special trip and the hotel lived up to reviews. It was quite easy to find and we recommend a metro pass for ease of travel. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted, made to feel very welcome and shown to our room. Very nicely decorated and modern, the hotel surpasses expectations for the rating. Rooms are small in Paris but that applies to any hotel regardless of rating and this hotel was excellent value for money. All staff were very helpful, particularly when we asked for recommendations for restaurants. We ate locally and also in St Germain and had fantastic meals, mostly off the tourist track. I loved the area around the hotel as it feels much more like real Paris than many of the other tourist locations. A half bottle of champagne was a nice touch on New Year's Eve and we really enjoyed our Hogmanay in Paris. Thanks to the hotel and staff for a memorable stay. We would definitely return!

Restaurants we tried in area: le 14 juillet, La maison de Verlaine (awesome new yr meal), les artistes.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LCAPerth_Scotland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Manager and staff could not be more friendly. Their English was good too. Cold drink on arrival. However, the room is very small (even after their room "upgrade").

Location is close to the Train Station. A nice easy flat walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Raynboz
Alessi F, Responsable réception at Le Fabe Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Bonjour RAYBOZ,

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor and of course for your kind words about our staff.

I am sorry to read that the size of the room did not live up to your expectations. Indeed, we know Australians and Americans are not used to the size of European rooms, that is the reason why we try to upgrade them when it is possible.

If you travel often to Europe, and especially in important cities and capitals, the rooms are really small compared to the size standards of Australia and United States. To avoid all bas surprises, we mention the size of every single room on our website and on all our main partners'.

I also must add that our hotel proposes three types of rooms and you had chosen the first type, the smallest which is definitely a but tiny for people seeking for space in their room.

We are looking forward to maybe welcoming again to Paris and in this case, make sure you book our large rooms.

With kind regards

Alexandre
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Le Fabe and overall very satisfied with our experience at the hotel. The staff are the highlight and were amazingly helpful with restaurant bookings and other advice, as per the previous comments they were pleased to book resturants even before we arrived.. We found our room 'Silk and Drops' very clean, modern and well appointed. Whilst a bit off the beaten track the area around the hotel is actually very nice with good resturants and bars that are less touristy than other more central areas. The metro is just around the corner so access to anywhere in Paris is very easy. We would have no problem recommending the hotel and staff and are sure it will enhance a trip to Paris for anyone.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading from 'Cozy' to the next size room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank daniel t
Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just very guest friendly hotel at Monparnasse, with a quite intriguing interior design of cafe and chamber. All chambers have their names, can you imagine :) I lived in Silk and drops (by the way, this title quite suited me in my mood those days in Paris), my colleagues lived in Bonheure (Happiness :) Strange, but he was really happy with his night life in Paris! The location is very good, metro station is just three minutes' walk away (Pernety or Plaisance, it's the heart of Paris). The staff is VERY friendly and welcoming, you can feel how really sincere they are in their assitance. The breakfast is continental, but somehow the bread is fresher, croissants are warmer and cafe au lait just great (I don't know why, it was prepared by coffee machine, but I never met such a delicous and dense milk foam). I recommend this hotel to those who want to stay for active rest or business days in Paris, the prices are very inviting.

Room Tip: I lived in Silk and drops, second floor, it is in a way larger than others rooms, having coffee macn...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank VladUA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Spent a short Birthday Treat break here in June, excellent service from staff before we even landed in Paris. My partner contacted reception when the hotel was booked to ask for restaurant reviews and tips. The staff were so friendly and obliging and booked the restaurant for us. On arrival we were given two ice cold beers and welcomed to a stylish, chic colourful but minimalist hotel lobby and breakfast room. The room was compact and cute and elegantly decorated. There was also a birthday surprise of champagne in the room. Brilliant touch. The breakfast was varied and good value. Loved this hotel and the area and would definitely return. Ideally located for tube stations too.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah S
Granite Bay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Throughout my years of coming to Paris, I've had the opportunity to stay in a wide range of hotels including the cozy boutiques, the recognized business units and the so called marquis establishments. Some were chosen solely for location, others due to long time established memberships in a hotel group, and then a few just to see if it's really worth the faire. Paris is really the only city in Europe where I've had the opportunity to do this sampling or experimenting. As my profile states, I'll splurge occasionally but especially when it comes to choosing lodging, I'm really fastidious and a bit obsessive when trying to find that so called "right" place. TA reviews, traveler blogs and shared experiences all come into play. I just look for that balance across the the rating spectrums as most of us do. I will say that I am keen to avoid "overpaying" for lodging especially when traveling on holiday since we are in the room very little of the time.

With all this in mind, the choice of Le Fabe Hotel was clearly a choice of the process above. The location in a somewhat remote section of Monparnasse gave pause, but wanted to give it a chance as I had passed staying here on previous trips. It's about a 5 minute walk or so to the closet Metro station and if even if you're not a Metro rat, it's pretty easy to get to all the districts. We actually only stayed for one night as our group extended our stay in Paris for an extra day. Luckily La Fabe had rooms available as our highly rated facility could not accommodate us and had little interest in trying. That is for another review. We arrive there in a van with all our luggage and as I go in to speak to the desk attendant, he very graciously greets me and then makes his way out to help with the luggage. At the other boutique unit, they made a rather sneer comment that they don't have bell hops. Not that we expect them at boutique units but attitude is so very important in the hospitality industry. Anyway so begins the start of our "exceptional" level of experience at the Le Fabe. From help with our luggage, showing us to our rooms, inquiries about where to dine and reservations, to directions, to arranging transport to Gare du Nord, to checkout, and whatnot, we were all impressed and somewhat surprised at the very high service levels consistently rendered and could I say impeccably throughout our stay. Others during our stay must have had the same experience as I could see most of them consistently engaging in pleasantries with the staff and especially on departure. This is the only stay that I could remember in my past stays in Paris where I saw multiple guests graciously and tastefully giving the staff gratuities. The best part of this was that they didn't expect it and said it is wasn't necessary but graciously accepted when pushed. The owners must have a hiring policy to employ only the most friendly, casually professional and efficient individuals.

Now for the facility after my rant about the service. Urban and somewhat spartan in feel and decor. Lobby and dining area is quaint but that should be expected for this type of unit. Everything and everywhere had a clean and orderly feeling. The rooms are not large but that should be expected with a more modernistic, urban design and decor. Again, clean and orderly just like the other spaces. Bathrooms are decent size and functionally laid out. Room are reasonably quiet as the street noise isn't to bad as it a bit removed from the main avenue. Beds were very comfortable and space for luggage and items can be a bit tight but is satisfactory for the well organized traveller.

As you can see, our stay here left a very strong impression upon all of us. We had a wonderful time on this trip but staying at Le Fabe was actually one of the highlights. It will actually make planning for my next trip to Paris a bit easier. When looking for lodging in the Left Bank, I will surely put it at the top of the list.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank KamikawaSan
Allez et Cazeneuve
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I can only agree with all the other positive comments on this lovely little Hotel. Full marks in all respects. It just needs some ground floor space for a lounge or bar area to make it absolutely perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple