“A charming hotel with attractive rooms”
Review of Le Fabe Hotel

Le Fabe Hotel
Ranked #119 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We arrived not far short of midnight at Le Fabe and the night porter was extremely charming, helping us with our bags and offering us drinks. The room itself was the gound floor room "Ephemere" (a "cosy" room), which was disabled adapted (although this was done in such a way that it didn't detract from the charm of the room). The room was spacious, clean and decorated to a high standard in a modern style.

I've stayed in several hotels in Paris at around this price point and this hotel was by far the best in terms of room size, decor, and service.

It is extremely convenient for Montparnasse station.

Room Tip: The ground floor room "Ephemere" is large (for Paris), has wide doors, a handle by the toi...
1  Thank unculture
There are newer reviews for Le Fabe Hotel

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in the MonaLisa room on the top floor. Upsides - reasonable sized room for Paris at a reasonable rate, clean, modern and good shower. Downsides, poor wifi that kept coming and going, lift next to the room so noisy with guests leaving early, pretty threadbare towels. That said, on balance the hotel was a good deal. Be prepared to be a little far out. The website quotes 10 min walk from Montparnasse Bienvenue, but it is longer than that in 30 degree plus heat. InLondon we'd refer to it as an up and coming area! For restaurants, there is a reasonable but not excellent choice. Our favourite was l'entrepot which is also a cinema and music venue. Previously I have stayed in L'Apostrophe much closer to the Montparnasse area, and though more expensive it seemed the better deal to me.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexicles1
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We returned to Paris in July and spent a week at Le Fabe. Booked the same room - Mona Lisa. Were greeted outside upon our arrival by Alex who promptly carted our bags up to the room. Throughout our visit, the staff provided exceptional service. They left no detail unattended. We will continue to stay at Le Fabe every time we visit Paris.

1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The high ranking influenced our decision to stay here but after 20 minutes I started to wonder how did this place achieved such a high ranking amongst so many hotels Paris?
I will start with the positives....This Hotel has friendly/helpful staff (it's slickly operated), the rooms are clean and decorated in a postmodern fashion, the breakfast is adequate for a French hotel and the wireless functions ok.
Now for the negatives...On arrival we were offered drinks and asked to sign a document then told the Hotel air conditioning had BROKEN DOWN. I knew the next couple of days the weather was really warming up so I asked when will it be fixed?
I was given a vague reply "I'm not sure" so the next morning (after hearing someone else complain) I asked again and the same vague reply. So I stated if it wasn't fixed by the end of the day we would be checking out. We returned early evening and it was working! That was good but why did it need me to do that?
A hotel without A/C is not a good hotel. Right?
The next issue is the bed, after 6 nights it wasn't Le Fabe my wife renamed to LE SLAB!
By the end I had shoulder and back pain I was contemplating the carpet at one stage because sleep was hard to get when you have explosions going off EVERY night till 3am.
Yup from 8pm to 3am across the street kids were letting off fireworks, the ones that sound like a laser guided bomb going off.
I along with other guests asked about the explosions and we were told it was related to Bastille Day. But the residents didn't seem to know it finished the day before because they were still going off.
Then there was the seaweed "DO ALL" soap/shampoo. It's made from seaweed and it smelt like it to.
Minor point is the towels...get some new ones. These ones are wasted.
Then there is the location, you are going to have to get savvy with the Metro to see the sights and going out at night could be risky in this area. I will leave it at that.
We got a good look at Paris over 6 days and there must be hotels I believe that are much better located and hopefully with better beds.

Room Tip: Ask if the A/C is working before booking.
3  Thank paulybabe
fabry18, Responsable réception at Le Fabe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Bonjour Monsieur Baptistbeach,

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our establishment.

I am very sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your stay at Le Fabe Hotel during your Parisian journey.

You mentioned the air conditioning was out of order, which was right on your arrival day but in your comment, we feel it was OOO for your entire journey when it was broken one day only since it was fixed the next morning (less than 24 hours); moreover, you have forgotten to mention you got a discount with free breakfasts because of that issue. You are meaning in your comment our hotel is not a good hotel because we it didn’t have a working A/C and we couldn’t know exactly when it would be fixed. I replied we will do everything possible to make it work as soon as we can, which is not the same vague reply “I’m not sure” and as already written, it was fixed the day you asked, which was, I should mention again, your first day when you stayed six. Technical issues happen in every single hotel in the world, now, we were pretty happy and proud it could be fixed it that soon when you think it was already too long.

As far as the fireworks and firecrackers are concerned, we are deeply sorry for this noise inconvenience but there is nothing we can do about it. Children are playing with them a week before the Bastille day and stop after it which was your departure day. We do apologize for this matter but it would be the same in the entire country.

Concerning the towels, we have, like the big majority of hotels in Paris, a contract with the famous “Initial” laundry company. We send the used towels and sheets and get delivered some clean ones. We are once more sorry if you think they were bad quality but they are the regular quality of 3 stars hotels in general.

Now, the beds which, according to you, were hard as stone, one more time, we are sorry you didn’t like them but the huge majority of our guests love the type of beds we have chosen but bed type is like colors, we cannot please everyone, it is a matter of choice, some people love soft mattresses, some love them very hard, some others medium hard, etc etc.

As for our location, we do not hide at all, our exact position in Paris is mentioned in every single website we work with. We are situated in the south of Paris in a very typical Parisian area not close to the main tourist sights but this is a choice. We didn’t not want to be in a touristy area. We are proposing our guests a real taste of the Parisian life, moreover, the prices of hotel rooms in the center or the touristy areas are absolutely not the same. We try to propose one of the best quality/price rate of Paris in three stars hotels. And I confirm what you were writing, there is plenty of better hotel with better location, there is 3, 4 stars, 5 stars and palaces whose rates can easily reach the 200-300 € up to 1000 € a night.

Once again, we are really truly sorry you didn’t spend a good time in our place but according to what I read, it seems that a 4 star hotel would have fit your expectations better.

Feel free to contact us if you wish to discuss about our reply.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had traveled from Australia and enjoyed my 1 night stay at Le Fabe. I would certainly stay again on my return to Paris. The surrounding local area was suitable for walking and exploring. Lovely breakfast, friendly & helpful staff and modern fun decor.

Room Tip: compact but welcoming
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AustraliaFMMtravel
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at "Le Fabe" for 2 nights.
The room's size was good comparing to other parisians hotels. It included everything necessary for our stay, a safe an a mini-bar. The Air condition is very good. The bed comfortable.
The decor is very nice and fresh.
The breakfast buffet is very good.
The staff wad extremely friendly and helpful.
There is a sauna and a small business room with a computer. Wifi free of charge.
We love the location - in a residential neighborhood, close to the Metro and to Raymond Losserand street with shops and restaurants.
Overall a great stay.

2  Thank lny
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Room cleanness 10/10
Room spaciousness (cat. cosy room) 5/10
Room opionals 10/10 (safe, minibar, air conditioning, sat TV, wi-fi, all free of charge)
Furnishing 10/10
Bathroom cleanness 10/10
Bathroom spaciousness 10/10
Quietness 7/10 (some slam from the doors outside, no soundproof windows but on the whole good sleeping)
Common spaces 9/10
Staff (reception, friendliness, assistance, etc.) 10/10
Breakfast 8/10
Location 8/10 (nearest metro station at 300 m, Air France Bus stop at 700 m, Gare de Montparnasse with four metro lines at 1 Km)
Quality/price ratio: excellent