“Make the Journey for Great Pho”
Review of Pho Tai

Pho Tai
Ranked #786 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
London
“Make the Journey for Great Pho”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a small restaurant, popular with the local Asian community as well as the French. Pho Tai offers some of the best Pho I have ever tasted and it's extremely reasonable, as is most of this type of cooking. I wouldn't go here for dinner, unless you're really prepared to a) probably spend quite a while on the Metro and b) dress right down. But for lunch it's excellent and the quality of the food is superb.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
“Authentic pho flavors”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was just as flavorful as Vietnam!!! Very lovely but super small loud environment. There were no Togo containers on the huge leftover pho:( all in all we will go here again and it is now one of our favorite pho places in Chinatown.

New Jersey
“Great dinner and friendly service”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a really great meal here in October 2012. The pork and rice dish was one of the best meals of pork I have ever had in my entire life. I am just sorry we didn't have time to go back again! The pho was very good as well. Service was very friendly and the whole restaurant was a happy place. Would go back in a second.
Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“Small, busy place with great food and service”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The place is quite small and seems to be quite popular with Asians. The service was great; they didn't have a veggie option on the menu, but were happy to make something on request. The spring rolls were very good, and they made one vegetarian as well. The pho is very tasty and the portions are generous. Not the cosiest place ever, but good value for money.

Australia
“Tasty food at a decent price”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent a lot of time trawling through the reviews with the hope of finding where was best to eat some good viet in Paris. My mother, who used to own 3 Chinese restaurants spent a part of her life in Vietnam, and she made wicked viet food. I had a hankering for some viet today. I was desperate to find a good place that would sufficiently extinguish the inferno of viet craving.
I came across Pho Tai (so aptly named) and noticed one of the reviews had been written by a Melbournian who frequented Richmond a lot. This could only mean one thing. If they think the viet is good, then it's got to be pretty good. The viet food in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia is pretty freaking good.
Upon entering the small restaurant, I was met by the waitress who sat me down and handed me the menu. I ordered an entree of Cha Gio (crispy spring rolls), a small sized Pho Tai (beef noodle soup), and a Ca Phe Sua Da (viet iced white coffee).
A good sign about the restaurant, first things first, the owner speaks viet! Actually, she's a talent, speaking Viet, Cantonese, Mandarin and French!
The food and drink came quickly. The spring rolls came as they should, with mint, lettuce leaves and Nuoc Mam (LOVE fish sauce!). The heat of the spring roll inside the coolness of those lettuce leaves is fantastic! The Pho was tasty, albeit a bit on the salty side. I noticed that kristiansvensson mentioned that something about the broth didn't taste right. I would say it could be due to the fact that it maybe a bit on the oily side, a bit too salty, too much onion and a bit too much star anise in it. While it came with the sprouts, mint and lemon wedge, I am used to viet mint (tastes different to the standard mint) and some hoisin sauce on the side. Though, I would say this broth didn't need the hoisin as it was already packed with flavour. The iced coffee was also nice, though had a slightly different taste than what I am used to back at home.
After my meal, which I couldn't finish as it was a lot of food, I went to pay for the bill. It totaled 13 euro 30. For such a feed, it was good value. The man at the counter had asked the lady boss for small change since I passed over a note. Understanding Cantonese, I told her I had small change and she was so excited to hear me speak Canto that she burst into a massive conversation with me. She was extremely friendly and a very pleasant lady.

All in all, this was a good meal. Though some might want to drink some water during the meal because of the intensity of the Pho broth.

There was only one unpleasant experience to my meal. It was the guy next to me who slurped his soup and smacked his lips so loudly as he chewed with his mouth open, and who used his fork like a shovel. I wish I had been seated further away from him. But in such small confines, it would be impossible to sit anywhere without hearing him go away at it. So be prepared to sit close to someone who may not have the best of table manners :)

• Visited September 2012