“Don't go anywhere else for Pho in Paris!”
Review of Pho Tai

Pho Tai
Ranked #805 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Place d'Italie / Quartier Asiatique
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is probably the BEST pho I;ve had anywhere in the world! My friend in Paris introduced this little restaurant to me and I always make it a point to drop in for a meal (or two) when I'm in town. I always order their special pho, which comes with a slightly spicy soup. Their servings are really huge and satisfying, and always always delicious. It's real comfort food when the temperatures drop! I've brought a friend from America here as well, and she loved it too. At 8 euros per bowl, this is excellent value in Paris.

I won't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, unless you're squeamish about eating 'weird' parts like tendons and tripe, or watching other people eat these things. But even then you could always just order the pho that comes with brisket pieces. The staff are lovely too, and always remember you and make it a point to come over and chat when they have a moment to spare.

P.S. They have opened another branch just across the road, called Pho Tai Tai. :)

There are newer reviews for Pho Tai

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had never known about this Vietnamese restaurant till I worked in the area.
Usually I always sticked to Avenue d'Ivry or Avenue de Choisy for Vietnamese food.
What is special in Pho Tai is the delicacy of food.
For ex fresh spring rolls (rouleaux de printemps) are exquisite, thanks to the hot beef inside.
Chicken is extremely tender, rice is nicely perfumed.
We can even order dishes not on the menu, depending on the chef's inspiration. I had "Poulet a l'Africaine" more than once (yes, this is a Vietnamese restaurant :)
You will enjoy your time at Pho Tai.

2  Thank needlehill
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Coming from Melbourne, Australia with the large vietnamese community we grew up having fantastic pho in Richmond. A French vietnamese french suggested we try Pho Tai on our short trip and we loved it. We had the beef pho which was a really generous serving with sliced rare beef (tender) and cooked beef, served in a tasty broth that is a little sweeter than I'm used to in Australia. The stand out dishes were the grilled pork with vermicelli, and grilled chicken on rice was grilled to perfection.

Owners are friendly and welcoming, and made good recommendations during our meal. The restaurant is small and only seats around 25 people, and very unassuming decor but great value. We were stuffed by the end of the meal and it still came to only 12 euros per person (including drinks).

1  Thank chocci
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I confess that this is THE place I go to when I want genuine, tasty and affordable Vietnamese cuisine.

Yes, the decor is simple but the food is simply outstanding and the service excellent.

Try V13 (grilled beef Bun bo hue) and the shrimp eggrolls. If you have room for a dessert, try the tapioca with coco milk.

The owners of this restaurant are really friendly. Even the chef Alain Ducasse is said to be fond of this place!

I love it.

2  Thank Trueparisian
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Small and hidden away this was an amazing find. The food was truely excellent (even made an off the menu dish for a vegetarian) and as we had a 17 month old with us we were worried about seating. The staff/owners couldnt have been more helpfull, from getting him his own bowl of noodles to entertaining him. We were made feel so welcome it will be a definate stop every visit to Paris.