“Best Foie Gras in Paris”

Comptoir de la Gastronomie
Ranked #349 of 19,023 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Description: The shop and the restaurant are closing for renovation works from 30th January to 3rd April 2017 Traditionnal french cuisine specialized in South Ouest products. Discover our " Classics " composed of different kind of foie gras: pan seared, terrine or carpaccio... homemade and our well known Duck breast, Cassoulet or Snails. For fish lovers, you can taste our Scottish smoked salmon or marinated salmon Gravlax. And you can also appreciate our seasonal menu made by our Chef with fresh products. For the " Gourmets" who wish to bring back home some foie gras, our shop is open from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you're a Foie Gras fan, you have to visit this restaurant. The Foie Gras and truffle ravioli is superb, as is the carpaccio of foie gras and the house platter. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is great, and it makes for a very enjoyable evening. Stick to their specialities; I had seafood pasta as a main course and compared to my starter it was disappointing. My grandparents had the duck shepherd's pie, which was incredibly rich and very tasty. Excellent value, definitely worth a visit.

5  Thank km22_12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Without even consulting TripAdvisor, we stumbled upon this gem by pure chance for dinner... and ended up going back again the next day for lunch. It's a cozy and romantic place with a wonderful, friendly wait-staff who generously accommodated us and our toddler, and delicious, mouth-watering food.

The specialty is Foie Gras. For dinner, I had the Whole, Pan Fried Foie Gras to start (it was AMAZING), and the slow roasted lamb shoulder (very good). For lunch the next day, I had the Salade Gourmande, which is basically heaven in a bowl for any duck lover - foie gras, roasted duck, smoked duck and a few lonely vegetables. Although it was very rich, it was one of the best dishes I had during my week in Paris.

For dinner, we were lucky to get there early enough to walk-in, but note that the place was packed half an hour later (8pm) with reservations. For lunch, we walked in late (2pm).

4  Thank amjanmoh
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I highly recommend this restaurant. After a month of travelling Europe, this is the restaurant that made us write our first review! The prices are very cheap for the quality of the food that comes out, and the waiter and service was also possibly the best we have experienced in Europe. Very well priced 5 star food. Definitely go here if you get the chance!

5  Thank Julmog
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After reading about this bistrot in a travel magazine in the US and reading all the positive reviews in Tripadvisor, I was curious to try it.
It is a cozy bistrot, with very good, fluent in English service, and reasonable prices.
For appetizers, I had the snails which were big and very tasty. My wife had the ravioli with foie gras and truffle oil which was disppointing. There was not truffle oil or cream.
I had the cassoulet which I love, but i found the one at Le Comptoir just ok. If you love cassoulet like I do, try the one at Bistrot L'Oulette near the Bastile.
My wife had the magret which was very tasty.
It is a cozy bistrot, but the food is not excellent. there are better options with more creative cuisine in Paris.

6  Thank lgoncalves
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here as our first choice (L'Escargot) was closed (don't go to Paris in August - lots of places close during vacation month, which we didn't know about!) and we are quite glad that we did because it was absolutely lovely!

For starters we shared the snails which were delicious and not overly oily. For main Bf had the salmon platter which was lovely and I had the roasted duck which was amazing!! It was cooked perfectly and went well with the mashed potatoes and balsamic glaze. Sadly it was our last dinner in Paris, if we had more time I would have loved to come
back for the foie gras ravioli and the cold meats platter (which the couple next to us ordered and it looked so tasty).

Service was friendly and they gave us menus in English so I would say this place is very tourist friendly without sacrificing on great food at very reasonable prices. Our meal in total was about €60 which I thought was quite decent for Paris standards. The previous night we had dinner at Les Deux Magots in St Germain for about the same price and the food was no where near as good.

When I'm in Paris next I'll definitely be stopping by Comptoirs again!!

2  Thank dnguyen84