“Best meal of our French trip. Simply outstanding.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Colimacon

Le Colimacon
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Colimacon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #446 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: In the heart of the Marais District in the historical area the Colimaçon is a typical french and Parisian restaurant. Traditional french cuisine is serving in a nice and cosy atmosphere only 40 seats with air conditioning.
County Wexford, Ireland
“Best meal of our French trip. Simply outstanding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I agree that Le Colimacon provided us with the most memorable meal of our recent French vacation. We visited a number of very good restaurants on our trip but Le Colimacon was truly outstanding.

Luckily for us we were staying in the Marais on the same street where Le Colimacon is located. We booked in advance (the restaurant is on the small side and gets very busy) based on reviews on TA. On entering we saw that the restaurant was welcoming and anything but stuffy. The country kitchen influence is clear to see.

The owner Nicholas explained that the menu choices were written on the blackboard on the restaurant wall. I was a little concerned because of my limited French language skills but Nicholas was happy to translate and give advice on the various choices.

For appetizers my partner had 12 escargot in edible shells and I chose the Mozzarella Burrata. Both dishes were very flavorful indeed. Our main courses were truly outstanding. Nicholas mentioned that he had purchased some of an outstanding catch of Brittany lobsters that day and my girlfriend opted to try one. She was in no doubt that it was the best she has ever eaten- and that's coming from a woman brought up in a lobster producing area of the US. I ordered duck with poached pear in a red wine sauce with South American cocoa. Simply wonderful combination of flavors in this dish. Drooling over the memory of it as I write this review.

No pressure to spend over your budget at La Colimacon. Nicholas discretely asked me roughly how much I would wish to spend on wine. I stated €50 and he recommended a bottle of St Verant white wine (new to me) which he thought would complement both our menu choices. How right he was. A super wine.

Deserts kept up the tremendous standard. My Pain Pedu with caramel salted butter was sublime. My girlfriend ( a chocolate fan) opted for the Mi Cuit chocolate. Apparently registered 10 out of 10 on the chocolate scale!

Our host Nicholas unobtrisively checked with us throughout the meal to ensure we were satisfied and on before we left gave us both a complimentary glass of a apple-based digestivo which he has made in Dijon especially for the restaurant.

We had several excellent meals in Paris and throughout regions of France but both agreed Le Colimacon was the best which is high praise indeed.

I very highly recommend Le Colimacon in the Marais for a truly outstanding meal.

1 Thank Azeuro O

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Great find in Le Marais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were staying for a week in Le Marais and decided to try this local restaurant. They were very busy, and seated us upstairs which was just as crowded. Menu was very extensive, with several fish and meat choices. My husband had steak tartare, mom had turbot and I had a sole, and we were all happy with our main courses. Definitively will come back to Colimacon on our next trip to Paris.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank liliane757575
Toronto, Canada
“Tout simplement le meilleur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Le Colimacon has the best food and service. We have tried many restaurants in Paris and this is the best. I would highly recommend it if you want a nice evening with high quality food and friendly service. Our server was extremely knowledgeable in the menu. He introduced us to some really fine food and wine.

Mario

2 Thank Mario Ping C
“A wonderful meal in the Marais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate at five different small restaurants in Paris and this was one of our favorites. Small, quiet, and authentic, with an excellent menu. We had exceptional beginner "entrées" -- I had mushrooms and my husband had a pate, the speciality of the house. The duck confit was perfect, but the sole was a bit overdone. The rice pudding was delicious. We found the service to be helpful and attentive with excellent recommendations on the wine. One of the best in the Marais.

Frankfurt
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not cheap , but not expensive for this wonderful dishes . Wonderful wines with wonderful food - served with always friendly waiters = perfect

Visited January 2013