“Delightful, charming. The essence of Paris”
Review of Carette

Carette
Ranked #52 of 331 Dessert in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Located at the Trocadero Square, next to a subway station, is a mix of sophistication, tradition and charm. The flavors are worth every moment. The beauty of the menu items are a special case. Prices are reasonable, the service does not delayt and clients are pure Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here on the basis of so many good reviews.. It did not disappoint!! We split 5 mini macarons and a chocolate eclair as well as having a hot chocolate. The macarons were the best that we had in Paris.. Try the range of fruit flavours like black current, cherry and raspberry! And the eclair was just amazing, beautiful custard!!! A little expensive but was definitely a great experience. Staff were very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A very busy Bistro famous for its breakfast with the tres cool/branche Parisiens.
The Brioche is spectacular, all really delicious. Open for lunch too with a selection of fabulous pastries you won't resist. The best location near the Tour d'Eiffel. Metro Trocadero.

3  Thank Sigrid C
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I loved this café my husband and I had a tasting plate of Macarons and Champagne I loved the atmosphere and the service!

3  Thank Suhart
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My son and I discovered the wonder of French macaroons (I always thought they were simply coconut cookies), and we tried them throughout our stay in Paris. By far, the macaroons at Carette were far superior to every other location, whether at Galleries Lafayette or the numerous patisseries. Moist inside, slightly crunchy outside, with several different flavor combinations (our favorite was a raspberry coconut; if you're familiar with Hostess Zingers, they're like that, except 1,000 times better and no artificial flavors).

One tip: these DO NOT make good gifts to take back. They are made to be eaten within a few days; after that, they get dry and crunchy...and a little stale. But that's why you eat food in Paris: for it's freshness and lack of preservatives. Bon appetit!

1  Thank Tom H