“Have the hot chocolate!”
Review of Carette

Carette
Ranked #20 of 316 Dessert in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is genuinely one of my favourite places in the whole world! The view for one - la Tour Eiffel! And the food is just outrageous. The macaroons are, in my opinion, the best in Paris, and the hot chocolate is to DIE for! I have to come here every time I'm in Paris! It's on the pricey side, but it's Paris, you can't really expect less. Paid €70 for 2 hot chocs, a beer, a sandwich and 2 cakes. There's a huge selection of patisseries if you're not keen on macaroons. The clientelle is amazing if you love a good people watch! Always full of stereotypical Parisians as opposed to tourists. Old ladies wrapped up in fur and diamonds! They do take aways as well so if you want to take some goodies back home you can!

1  Thank CemSays
There are newer reviews for Carette

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Having spent some hours on the Eiffel Tower on a gloriously sunny winter day in Paris we stumbled over this patisserie in our search for food. And it is so much more than a patisserie. We had some wonderful food in a great setting and with great service. The delicious patisserie were staring at us all the time and we could not resist and went for desert too. We were not disappointed. If you're in the area, this is surely a place to go. As we walked out we walked past a queue of people waiting to get a space at La Carette. We were lucky to have been able to find a table right away !

1  Thank SigInDenver
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Macaroons delicious flavors, nice atmosphere, more local than tourist people. Is not a cheap place, depends about what you order. Friendly stuff.

1  Thank Myreviewsrestaurants
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really enjoyed this nice, warm place in the Place du trocadero.
The patisserie is always packed, but you can find a spot easily. The service is pretty good, I went for tea with mille feulles wich was really good.. tried also the tarte du citrons pretty small but nice.
I would suggest to stop here after visiting the tour effeil, take the pont d'Iena, walk up to the Palace the Chaillot, enjoy the nice view of the tower and then walk to this Patisserie just in the square.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

You can beat eating savory French onion soup outside with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The soup came with a light and flaky miniature breadstick, which you can only get with the soup. Fabulous staff and they speak English! The French onion soup was like nothing I have ever tasted in my life -it was truly gourmet. I also had a macaroon, which they have every flavor and color of the rainbow possible! Very expensive macaroons but worth it. Will definitely return here when I visit Paris again! Also, Europeans don't really tip so tipping is optional? We tipped any way . . . We also learned from our darling server that it is against the law for anyone in France to take your credit card where you cannot see it. That is why the servers bring mini credit card machines to your table.