“Everything perfect,surprising these days”
Review of Guy Martin Italia - CLOSED

Guy Martin Italia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
russia
“Everything perfect,surprising these days”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Between 6 friends all leaving in different part of the world,we met this evening in Sensing.
Food,Ambiance,Service was perfect.
Will be back with other friends

• Visited November 2011

Paris, France
“Horrible service, food definitely below expectations”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I went with friends and had a terrible experience, service extra rude, no creativity in the menu, the restaurant was basically out of food...
1) we booked the table and our table didn't have full couvert as they claimed they didn't have enough dishes
2) we ordered 5 beef and they told us they were left only with 2. As 3 were choosing a replacement meal we were urged to chose quickly as the kitchen was closing, not even an apology or some recomendation for a different plate
3) we were trying to speak in french all time, we asked the waitress only to translate for us the name of a fish and she said 'i don't know, it's a white fish...'
3) they didn't have the wine we chose
4) 1 of the beef was pure fat, really the leftover, if i was a chef I would be ashamed to serve a plate like this with my name on
5) the veal was extra dry
6) they brought us the wrong cheese platter and as we asked the waitress to explain the different cheese she simply left
7) as we complained for the poor quality of the services we did not receive a single apology

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank cristina372
Aachen, Germany
“Very good - nice place - higher price level”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed there for having the menu 75 Euro p.p.
Wine is included
Very good quality; nice people
Can recommend it

• Visited October 2011
Los Angeles, California
“A lovely, light meal - but not cheap”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've rated this restaurant a 4, though it is very close to a 5 except, I think, you might be able to do better in this price category. Still, there are some real upsides.

After eating French food for over two weeks, including a number of 1-starred restaurants, Sensing was a welcome (albeit subtle) change. The preparations were modern and light instead of the usual heavy French fare. The scene was contemporary and comfortable, not heavy or formal.

Our main course, sole (fish), was excellent, with interesting herbs and separate cup of... vegetables! (so rare in Paris). My partner had the crab entree, which was nice. I had the mi-cuit foie gras, which was rather bland as foie gras goes (something of a disappointment, I must admit). Cheese was nice, my partner thought it excellent, I thought it a little pedestrian. Dessert courses were very well prepared, but the chocolate items seemed to lack a real punch.

The menu was a 75 euro prix-fixe, which includes water and wine. The wine is chosen by the restaurant. It wasn't spectacularly interesting, but it paired well with the dishes and that's what really matters in my book. Overall, I thought it expensive, but I'm still getting used to Paris prices.

Service was fine, if not a bit faster than I'm used to for European restaurants. More of a New York Pace. The restaurant has a heavy English-speaking clientele, though it did seem as though the French patrons were getting ever so slightly better service. After a while, our servers switched to French (since we can make do with it). It seems to be their preference.

• Visited May 2011
Israel
“over rated”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We took the 75 euro menu (dinner – each)
The atmosphere and service met our expectations (fine dinning and trendy).
On the other hand, the food was a different story altogether…
We couldn’t find where the Michelin star was hiding…
Although the food was colorful and seemed like someone really put his mind into it, the taste was quite boring and very conservative. We expected a WOW but found nothing to talk about later - like a movie which you cant remember what was it about.
We really hope that Sensing had a bad day – because there is not reasonable explanation for the dull taste – which we take as the most important aspect in a restaurant.

As a so called professional restaurant, Sensing asked us to fill a survey, which we took the time to seriously answer and providing all the details of our expirience. Until today, we haven't received any respond.

• Visited May 2011