“very tasty viet cuisine across fro, the Opeaq”
Review of Santal des Pres

Santal des Pres
Ranked #10,143 of 21,057 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: 9th Arr. - Opera
Neighborhood: 9th Arr. - Opera
Reviewed June 11, 2019

For a smaller lunch I enjoyed a very tasty dumplings of Vietnamese flavor. nicely served in a Viet style container. friendly service. across from the Paris Opera

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Santal is just across the street from Opera Garnier. It offers Asian and Vietnamese cuisine at an affordable price and with a super-enchanting location, in a small secluded alley just off the street...completely quiet and out of the hub-bub. Good selection of Asian food but you do need to know your food items, not for the first-timers. Adequate bar selection, but you are not there to drink. For me, the Pho Ba and the mango/sticky rice desert are the attractions.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We had pho (vietnamese noodle) here. They don't have the raw thin slice beef to go with it, and the meat assortment is not as abundant, but it is still a good one. Yes, we've had better ones, but this one is not bad. Service is very good, and they speak English!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 29, 2017

This was the most expensive bowl of pho (20 euros) I ever paid for, and my husband's vegetarian vermicelli costed 25 euros. The food was well-prepared with a lot of flavor, and the ambiance was much nicer than my regular dive pho place in San Francisco. Gee, 20 euros!?
It was a chilly and rainy spring night in late hour after the performance at the Palais Garnier, and we did not want to wander around to look for other options and their soup did hot my spot. The service was little slow (and not very well prepared for after-performance rush) but very courteous. Their patrons seemed well heeled and fabulously dressed. Overall, I did enjoy the experience.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

I went there to have dinner with my brother... I went for a coconut and saffron soup and some Santal rice, it was absolutely delicious. I also had a Saigon beer. The staff were friendly and attentive.
At the end, very good experience... I wouldn't hesitate to come back and recommend to friends.
Prices are mid-range.