“Moroccan Atmosphere in the Heart of Paris”
Review of Le Tagine

Le Tagine
Reserve with
Le Tagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,916 of 18,475 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Moroccan bistro, food and ambiance convivial. Good Moroccan wines and french wines natural.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Le Tagine is our go-to-place whenever we are in Paris. It is the perfect gateway to understand how intertwined French and Moroccan culture really are - the atmosphere is enchanted and the food is a real tribute to north-African fragrance and taste. Love it.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This being my first try of Moroccan food, I was pleasantly surprised when the food came and it wasn't drowned in hot/chilli spices which is what I had incorrectly assumed. Starting with an appetizer of what could only simply be described as crumbed large and tasty prawns which came with a separate tangy sauce which wasn't too hot; followed perfectly timed by cous cous sharing plate and a lovely tangine full of vegetables and a large portion of tender lamb which mixed the soupy juices served separately was a delight for my palate (which doesn't like things too hot or spicy). You can have extra spice to pleasure your own taste buds if that's you choice. I however was happy to have my first try a little less spicy and enjoy the flavours. I liked that the meat was actually a good sized meat serving. I would try Moroccan again having enjoyed the food this time. Including wine we spent 50 pounds a head which seems expensive although we do like our wine.

1  Thank CarolynL6
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We hesitated to enter the restaurant because we were the place was empty. I do not regret that we dined there, given the fact that it was a delicious experience that I will not forget. 9,5/10

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The food here was lovely, though get in early as certain dishes sell out. The staff were really helpful and friendly too. My husband had a tagine which was absolutely beautiful, I got confused and ended up with two starters! Although the generous portions meant I left full anyway! The mixed starter is good - a real meat feast, and we had a lovely dessert of big crispy pancakes with a creamy sauce - delicious! I recommend the tea to finish - lovely and refreshing!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm not a connoisseur of Moroccan food, by any means, but I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner last night at Restaurant Le Tagine.

A friend and I arrived ravenous and left stuffed. We shared the tomato and bell pepper salad to start, which was delicious. For the main course, he got a kind of chicken tagine and I ordered couscous with merguez sausages. This came out to 50 euros, with wine.

The cousous was a five-dish affair - the sausages, raisins, chickpeas, broth with vegetables, and the rice itself. It took all my powers of coordination to combine these ingredients in the right proportions without spilling anything.

It was a simple and tasty meal; my friend had to talk me out of finishing it when my stomach was already way beyond capacity. His tagine, by the way (I stole a bite), was an exciting combination of sweet and spicy flavors. The Moroccan wine our waiter suggested was good, too.

The waitstaff was animated and courteous, even willing to deal with our stumbling French. There was not a chuckle when we asked, "Qu'est-ce que c'est un tagine?" And our waiter was more than willing to explain how I should go about assembling my couscous.

The environment is warm, dim, and homey, with amply-cushioned seats along the walls. The location is slightly off the beaten path, but easy to get to by Metro and far away from the tourist hubs. The menu is entirely in French with technical terms for dishes, but the staff is happy to provide explanations.

For anyone who needs a break from steak frites and wants to sample another side of Francophone cuisine, this is a great option.