“A hearty meal away from the crowds”

Restaurant Le Tagine
Reserve with
Restaurant Le Tagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,246 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Moroccan bistro, food and ambiance convivial. Good Moroccan wines and french wines natural.
Tenafly, New Jersey
“A hearty meal away from the crowds”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm not a connoisseur of Moroccan food, by any means, but I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner last night at Restaurant Le Tagine.

A friend and I arrived ravenous and left stuffed. We shared the tomato and bell pepper salad to start, which was delicious. For the main course, he got a kind of chicken tagine and I ordered couscous with merguez sausages. This came out to 50 euros, with wine.

The cousous was a five-dish affair - the sausages, raisins, chickpeas, broth with vegetables, and the rice itself. It took all my powers of coordination to combine these ingredients in the right proportions without spilling anything.

It was a simple and tasty meal; my friend had to talk me out of finishing it when my stomach was already way beyond capacity. His tagine, by the way (I stole a bite), was an exciting combination of sweet and spicy flavors. The Moroccan wine our waiter suggested was good, too.

The waitstaff was animated and courteous, even willing to deal with our stumbling French. There was not a chuckle when we asked, "Qu'est-ce que c'est un tagine?" And our waiter was more than willing to explain how I should go about assembling my couscous.

The environment is warm, dim, and homey, with amply-cushioned seats along the walls. The location is slightly off the beaten path, but easy to get to by Metro and far away from the tourist hubs. The menu is entirely in French with technical terms for dishes, but the staff is happy to provide explanations.

For anyone who needs a break from steak frites and wants to sample another side of Francophone cuisine, this is a great option.

santa monica, ca
“Fragrant Tagines and Moroccan Wine”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

A local friend brought me here. I never would have found it on my own. It is small and on a quiet street. It is nicely decorated, but not so much that you would be compelled to eat here if you didn't know that the food is excellent; which it is. So is the service. My friend recommended the Moroccan rose wine. Who knew that there was wine from Morocco? And that it's pleasant? I ordered the preserved lemon and olive tagine. My friend ordered the raison and onion tagine. Neither of us could finish. Desert was out of the question because we were too full.

• Visited July 2011
paris
“excellent!!!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Really good Tajine and Cous cous.
Algerian wines are really tasty and also the dessert is recommended.

Brooklyn, NY
“Excellent service, even better food. (Le service était excellent, la nourriture était encore meilleur.)”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

After walking around the 11th Arrondissement for the day, we were in the mood for something hearty, satisfying, and authentic. Le Tagine was perfect for this. The decor is astounding -- there were so many beautiful small details to lose ourselves in, setting us up for the fantastic meal to follow.

We each ordered a couscous dish, which is rare to find where we're from, and a bit more complicated than we're used to. But as the waiter brought out each additional plate or bowl with a new component of our meal, he explained how to add it to the dish and what it would do for the flavor. Couldn't have asked for a more delicious or comfortable experience in a nicer place.

(Après marche autour du 11ème Arrondissement pour le jour, nous étions dans l'humeur pour quelque chose chaleureuse, satisfaisant, et authentique. Le Tagine était parfait pour ceci. Le décor est stupéfiant -- il y avait tant de beaux petits détails pour se perdre dedans, nous établissant pour que le repas fantastique suive.

Nous chacun avons commandé un plat de couscous, qui est rare pour trouver d'où nous sommes, et un peu plus compliqué que nous sommes employés à. Mais car le serveur a mis en évidence chaque plat ou cuvette additionnel avec un nouveau composant de notre repas, il a expliqué comment l'ajouter au plat et ce qu'il ferait pour la saveur. C'était une expérience parfaitement délicieuse et confortable d'un endroit merveilleux.)