“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Review of Le Caroubier

Le Caroubier
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Caroubier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,800 of 17,152 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This restaurant is a little out of the way if you are not familiar with Paris. The best way to get there is on the tram as there is no metro close by, but without a doubt the trek was worth it. The staff were very friendly and obliging, recommending dishes, pouring tea with panache and generally making sure we were comfortable. Then the food came. Firstly the aperitifs are just amazing. I don't know how they do that to carrots but I've never had anything like them before. If I wasn't with friends I might have eaten the bowl. Then there is the tagine. I had the lamb with prune and is was simply heavenly. The meat just melted, and the mingling of fruits and spice was absolutely fabulous. Finally dessert. I love Moroccan flavours especially orange flower. Sadly the profiteroles with orange flower cream weren't available, so I had the oranger flower ice cream, which was sublime. From time to time the staff also come round with a small glass of fig liqueur which has a kick and is a lovely way to finish your evening. I will definitely be going back again.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Stephanie P

Augsburg, Germany
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a very good diner there, the food was perfectly coocked, the staff is very friendly, and the interior of the restaurant is very nice looking.

This is not had to parking around.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Antonio P
Ohio
“Warm Greeting, Helpful Staff, Quiet and Pleasant Ambiance But...”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited the restaurant recently with my wife. Neither of us know Moroccan food very well, so we appreciated the helpful advice we received. There was much to like in the restaurant. However, as the two tagines we ordered were meat-based(chicken and lamb), we must downgrade the restaurant as my wife's chicken seemed to have been boiled; it was dry and tasteless, having absorbed little of the dish's seasonings. My chunk of lamb was elastic, fatty, very bony. It should never have left the kitchen.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank cspanophile
Albany, New York
“Best tagine!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great atmosphere and friendly service. Both lamb tagines, sweet and savory, are standouts. Out waiter suggested a delicious rose from Morocco. Listen to your waiter- they really will point you in the right direction. Desserts are truly authentic but a bit too sweet and heavy for me. Mint tea is they way to go.

Visited April 2013
via Alice Springs
“Very friendly and professional”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

From the scented water to refresh oneself to the mint tea digestif, this place is worth a visit. The staff were friendly and informative, the service was discreet and the food most enjoyable, but too much! Lamb tagine just fell off the bone, and individual flavours could be deciphered. A good meal and great Moroccan flavours.