“Different!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Ravigote

La Ravigote
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Ravigote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,372 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Gold Coast
“Different!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were holidaying in Paris and La Ravigote was recommended to us by the owner of the apartment we were renting as a local restaurant that served authentic southern French cuisine. It's a small, simple buf homely place operated by a lovely couple who clearly love what they do. We don't speak French so we had a lot of fun trying to order our meal and wine. We received help from some friendly locals on the table next to us where three generations had gathered to celebrate grandma's birthday. We settled on the house speciality, tete-de-boeuf. The sauce was delicious, but the "beef" was way too fatty for us. Whilst we still enjoyed the experience I wouldn't recommend it to unadventurous foreign palates. But if you want to try something different...go for it!

1 Thank Hanyut

Palo Alto, California
“Charming husband-wife operation, real country cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Tiny but comfortable space, with extraordinarily warm and attentive greetings from the couple who lovingly run this place. Apparently they specialize in country cooking ("cuisine de terroir") and they seem to have a devoted following. Their house specialty is tête-de-boeuf accompanied by their own special green sauce. They also have very reasonable prices and an extensive choice of wines . But I sadly concluded that, special as it is, I don't really like tête de boeuf, nor any of the other special country dishes on the menu-- so all this authentic food was wasted on me. I would give it 5 stars for attention to guests, and 2 for food that I can enjoy. You may have a more sophisticated palate than I.

• Visited May 2011