“Yum yum”

Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Yum yum”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went here with my family as we were staying in the hotel next door. I didn't have a starter myself but tried 2 of the dishes my family ordered and they were both delicious! We were also given a basket of warm freshly baked bread. For main I had the honey and lemon chicken kebab, which came with potatoes and veg, and for dessert I had the chocolate mousse. It was all very good, but I couldn't finish the dessert as it was a big portion and very rich. The owner/waiter was very friendly.

• Visited January 2013

Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

La Cadole is a small restaurant run by a husband and wife team so they have a personal interest in ensuring satisfied customers. We emailed the restaurant a couple of weeks before we were arriving to make a reservation and recieved a prompt reply back confirming. The restaurant is small so booking is advised. We were treated to excellent food from a varied menu. We had a three course meal made up from different items on the two menuu's. For main course my wife had rabbit and I had the duck, superbly cooked with a delightful sauce.The bread is cooked on the premises and typical French, delicious. We will definitely return when we visit Paris again. A great little restaurant, if you want traditional French food superbly cooked this is the place.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tyke69
Paris, France
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have probably eaten here over 50 times. I have tried both the lunchtime and evening menus and a la carte. Thierry is the owner and he is a very sweet man. His wife works in the kitchen and they do a different plat du jour everyday from Mon-Fri. There are a lot of regulars combined with tourists who are becoming more and more frequent largely due to the great reviews. The price and quality of the dishes are excellent which probably explains why La Cadole is currently ranked 45th best restaurant in Paris out of 8500. Now that is a REAL achievement believe you me. Seating is limited and in the good weather the windows open up onto the street which is between Monparnasse, Invalides and St Germain du Pres. The starters are well presented and filling, the main courses are the same, simple but always delicious. I always had his fondant au chocolat or the tiramisu when it was available. The Canon Fronsac was my favourite red wine but the pichets are more than adequate. What more can I say I think I've said it all except you can tell him the Irishman from up the street told you to come here.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Indiewheel
Granite Bay, California
“Great Food, Great Service and Value in Paris”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Looking for those Paris restaurants where I want to relax among locals in a non pretentious scene eating non pretentious food is a challenge as I usually only stay in Paris for several days on my semi annual trips. Doing research before hand utilizing Trip Advisor, blogs and resources have been most helpful in making those difficult choices when you have so many to choose from.

It was our first night to dine out and with reservations already made at La Cadole, we went about our day. When we were able to get an earlier booking on a Seine River excursion, we had a chance to eat earlier.

Thierry, I believe to be the owner, was so very gracious in accommodating my request for an earlier time for our group of 6. When you see how big the location is, you can appreciate his flexibility even more.

When giving our taxi driver the address and name of the restaurant, he took pause as seemed a bit unfamiliar with the location. After a bit of thought, he started off and wove his way around the streets finally getting us there. As in most Paris restaurants of this type off the beaten track, I had expected a small space but it was actually a bit more "quaint" than I had imagined.

Thierry warmly greeted us. He had that quiet, sort of relaxed ease which you don't see often in Paris restaurants. He led us to our table in the small and "very" cozy dining room where the tables were "very" tightly packed in a appropriate decor and ambiance. It was as I had hoped for. Almost all locals and a menu that was tailored for our wishes.

As for the food, it was what i was after.... Flavorful, well plated and not pretentious. The six of us had created a tasting from the menu so we could see and savor a variety of the available items. Other than the duck being a bit dry for my friend's liking... He acknowledged that it was the way it was supposed to be prepared...the food was in most cases superb. Thierre asked us about our wine preferences and we asked him to select one that he would himself would personally drink with the cuisine that we had selected. It was wonderful and very reasonably priced at around €35 as we didn't inquire about the price nor did he mention it.

I could go into more details about the cuisine but doing this from my Blackberry so a bit tedious. Check out the menu online and remember, they are closed on Saturday and Sunday and "make" reservations! Don't be like that idiot who commented on Trip Advisor who gave them a terrible review because he continually tried to "walk" in!

and also thanks again to the Chowgypsy who help to lead us to La Cadole!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank KamikawaSan
Canada
“Local find”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On the advice of TripAdvisor and also because it's a block away from where we're staying, we ventured to La Cadole. We went on a Tuesday night and called ahead but had no trouble getting a table. It is quite small though so on a busy night it might be difficult. The room is clean and cozy although perhaps a bit too bright. We were the only English speakers in the room other than the attentive waiter who was friendly.
We had the prix fix menu for 35 euro both starting with a salad, mine with scallops that were sauteed properly. We had chicken and steak mains and both were quite good with an excellent sauce, sides of cut potatos and pureed parsnip. There was also a delicious ratatouille.
My lovely wife (sitting next to me now) had a very good rice pudding for dessert. I opted for the cheese plate which was good but unfortunately served cold. I pointed this out to the waiter and he acknowledged the mistake.
All in all a very good find that was quite consistent. It's not in a tourist area but isn't far from a lot of the busier areas.