La Bucherie
Ranked #7,911 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Description: This caf��/restaurant is situated on the banks of the 5th arrondissement of Paris, in the heart of the Latin Quarter just opposite Notre Dame, whose view can be enjoyed from the fantastic terrace (heated in winter). Enjoy the tastes of Italy from more simple dishes such as Bruschetta to more complex dishes like rabbit with fennel and polenta. In elegant and comfortable surroundings, enjoy the music from resident pianist Manu from 6.30pm onwards who is accompanied by singer Audrey from 10.30pm onwards. There is a great cocktail list and weekends offer a resident DJ playing anything from rhythm and blues to RnB and from disco to funk.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Sat down under unbearably hot lamps, they clearly take no notice of the actual temperature outside. At 11.00 am we ordered 2 cafe creme and 2 croissants - told there were no croissants - a bit strange but were offered a baguette. Really tired so said ok. Ages later two toasted small baguettes (one a bit burnt) turned up, along with 2 large bowls with no handles containg a warm milky liquid apparently masquerading as cafe creme.Only one butter portion each so we asked for more, grudgingly only one more packet provided. When the bill came the coffees were listed as "grande", at 7euros 60 a cup - they had deliberately brought out the most expensive coffee without asking. The total bill was 22 euros. Are they that desperate for money? - this does theirs and Paris' reputation no good at all

1  Thank John P

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are only looking for a place to sit and drink with a great view of Notre Dame, and neighbors smoking does not bother you, then this place may work.

If you want food, head elsewhere. This place is not what it claims.

Here's the deal. We sat down after a long fun day of sight seeing in Paris. The front of the menus tells a wonderful story about the cafe supporting local artists, using local food sources and focusing on organic ingredients. Wonderful we thought! We're not food snobs, but this has more promise than we expected. Wrong.

Our "nibbler platter" consisted of Dorito's (I'm not exaggerating. They were Nacho Cheese, not cool ranch, fyi) salsa amd guacamole from a jar, probably Pace, stale popcorn, old toast with a bland tampenade and few other odds and ends. I would post a picture with this review if I could. We could not believe it when the waiter set the plate down.

Finally, when we paid our bill using a credit card, the waiter transposed two numbers and charged us 4.50 more than he should. When i pointed this out to him he immediately apologized. I do not think it was intentional, but include it here for everyone to be aware.

2  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I stopped by here late in the evening after spending some time at Shakespeare & Co. We didn't have a lot of time to shop around for a good restaurant. We were tired and just needed a quick bite. We should have taken the time. This was some of the worst food I have ever had in my life, and I have eaten at thousands of restaurants all over the world. I ordered a croque monsieur, thinking that any cafe in Paris could make a decent one. Wow, I was wrong! This would have made for a bad sandwich at a truck stop in the middle-of-nowhere. They even used white sandwich bread! Really!? In Paris? One of my sons got a pizza that was advertised as a Margarita pizza. Tasted like cardboard. He couldn't even finish it. Place wasn't cheap either. It was about 80 euros for the four of us by the time we left. Avoid this place at all costs.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

See the attached photo for a look at what a 15? glass of creme de menthe & lemonade... waste of time & money.

P.s. this was during the 10pm to 12am happy hour period.

1  Thank belezajake
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great location (opposite Notre Dame). Nice place to stop for a drink or lunch. Take a look at the cocktail menu for a start!! I can thoroughly recommend the hot choclate with nutella: OMG!!