“Memorable birthday dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by friends that live in Paris so we chose it to celebrate my husband's birthday. We dined on a Monday night so the restaurant was not busy. The service was impeccable and the food was terrific. We had the marinated mushrooms as a starter, I had the coq au vin and my husband had the steak with pepper sauce. We also had the creme brulee for dessert. Absolutely no complaints. Would recommend it to anyone. The resident cat, Beaujolais, was a nice touch!

1  Thank ntcampbell

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A pleasant touristic crowded cafe that represents itself to be related somehow to the Tour d'Argent. It is called a "rotisserie" because that is how many of the meat offerings are cooked.
We wanted to experience the best lamb ever and so ordered the "Lamb Shoulder" for 2. I was very explicit on how much I wanted it cooked-"rose +". Which translates to medium rare. What we were served appeared to be some shank or other part, definitely not the big succulent hunk of shoulder.
All traces of pink had been cooked out of it - it could be described as medium well to well done. There was hardly enough for two, and at 62 euros, whatever cut it was, was a rip off. The wine list was good and fairly priced. The "Floating Island" dessert was mediocre.The service was very slow, especially when we asked for our bill.

3  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant 15 years ago and it was one of our favorites, so we decided to return and were very disappointed. We made a reservation because last time it was packed, but this time the restaurant wasn't very busy. The first night in Paris I ate at a Rotisserie restaurant recommended by my hotel and had delicious flavorful, mouthwatering chicken (which I will include a review on), and eating here was disappointing because the chicken was undercooked and bland with no flavor. The service was slow. The bread was delicious and the presentation of the chicken with mashed potatoes was good. Enjoyed the old cat who hangs out here. Will definitely not come back.

1  Thank Cricket E
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ok, so one of my goals while visiting Paris was to eat Coq Au Vin. I asked the Concierge staff at Hotel Lutetia which by the way is the best staff ever! They recommended this restaurant and nice again they nailed it. I'm a cook and I'm Latin, so you know we like our meals nice and seasoned. Both dishes we had were wonderful, nice portions and most importatly delicious. I was very satisfied with my French chicken dish and it will be my regular visit upon my return. The staff greeted us by our names, as if they knew us and made great recommendation. We even had the snails....And to my surprise it was WONDERFUL!
A must visit when in Paris.

1  Thank Giselle B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A lovely small neighborhood restaurant offering an excellent, but limited offering of food.
Service was charming and outstanding, and food was cooked in front of customers. Few empty plates or unhappy people. A family-feeling in an excellent dining environment.