“So-so Korean with drawbacks”
Review of Woo Jung

Woo Jung
Ranked #6,238 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
Paris, France
“So-so Korean with drawbacks”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Been here twice. The first time they came across as small portions and an overpriced wine list, with a roach crawling around.

Went back to meet friends, and really liked one noodle appetizer, but the rest of the items were so-so. The beef on a hot stone was forgettable, as was the fried rice equivalent. They did serve a nice array of condiments, including kimchi. On the wine list they have few bottles under 100 euro, which is surprising, so drink beer, I guess.

I think of the service as more sullen than rude, but as there are plenty of OK places within walking distance, so what's the point?

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank svnr2000

• Korean first
“Visit for the experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

great food n nice atmosphere but staff are very abrupt and rude if you let them.. be firm and don't be intimidated ...

3 Thank stephenw_35
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Very average food and the most arrogant service I have ever had.”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Being a vegetarian these days is easy almost everywhere in the world including Paris. I usually ask what the best choices are on the menu to make it easy. On this recent visit to Woo-Jung, the answer to my question about vegetarian options ( as the most rude waitress in the world flipped my menu a few pages and slammed her pointed finger down on the page ) was, "#39!" I asked if there were any other options and her response was "no"

Well, I have learned that if you keep trying you can usually win someone over if you just continue to be kind and courteous. So for the next 15 minutes, with drink order, etc, I just kept tying. When it came time for my friend and I to order, I once again asked if there might be a second option that we could order without meat so that we could share. The response............ "NO, all has meat" So I ordered #39 and my friend, who is not a vegetarian, ordered a chicken dish.

The food came quickly. Small portions for the price. Very average food if even that. I don't really remember mine as it made no impact. They did have six little dishes of pickled/candied condiments which added a bit to the mix, but couldn't save the average food. We had a small bowl or rice to share and by that time were almost afraid to ask for more for fear of being "scolded" yet again.

All in all, this was the most rude service I have ever had. But I kept smiling knowing it was her issue as she was very friendly to all the others in the restaurant of which 95% were Asian people who looked like they might be regulars in the area.

When it was time to leave, our waitress was over at another table taking an order. I went up behind her , tapped her on the shoulder and said "I don't know why you didn't like us, but I hope you have a nice evening" With a smile on her face she said "thank you" Too bad tips are included in the price in France. That's the only way she would have received one from me.

• Visited August 2011