“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going there for nearly 10 years with my family and was never disapointed by the quality and the freshness of their food. There's nothing that you wont find in other lebanese restaurants in terms of dish selection, which makes the menu pretty classic. But those classic dishes are so well prepared that you feel like going there again and again!

1  Thank Reza A

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Trip advisor showed two assanabel's so I want to make it clear that I am talking about the one in the 14th on rue d'Alessia near Rene Coty. I have been coming here for a few years, sometimes as often as one a week for lunch. The wait staff has always been friendly, the chicken shawarma, hummus and falafels are fantastic and the little sweets are great. They also have a very good bordeaux like Lebanese wine that is good and inexpensive. A little out of the way for the average tourist, but if you are staying in the east of the 14th or west of the 13th, this is well worth the trip. A much more upscale lebanese restaurant than what one normally finds in Paris.

2  Thank aagourmet
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Sorry to say I had a sub-par dining experience here in October 2012. First, it was dirty - there were used toothpicks on our table, there was food caked on the tablecloth, and someone had stuffed garbage between my two plates in the initial plate setting. Second, the service was pretty bad. By way of example, the maitre d' made us wait while he finished a personal call before seating us, and then took another before giving us menus, he actually took our vegetable basket away and gave it to another table while we were eating, and at one point our waiter left the restaurant, came back with McDonald's, and ate nuggets in the dining room. Finally, with all that the food was pretty good, in fact it was the best baba ganoush I've ever had. If you go, be forewarned that the portions are enormous. We could have gone with half the small dishes they recommend if you get mezze for two.
Even with the good food, the experience on the whole was so bad that I wouldn't go again.
Have fun in Paris!

2  Thank TravelCuties
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for lunch in october 2012. We do not speak much French but my husband tried with his limited vocabulary. The waiter or possibly the owner/manager was unpleasant from the start. We should have left but it was cold rainy and we were hungry. We experienced what was possibly the rudest service in a restaurant ever. The waiter seemed to deliberately misunderstand us as we tried to order from the menu, which had English translations. I say "deliberately" in hindsight. People who came in 10-15 minutes after us were served at the same time. We felt a generally hostile vibe but the worst was when the waiter, who was friendly to the other diners, all of whom seemed to be regulars, shoved our chairs to make room for recently arrived diners. He did not speak to us or in any way acknowledged us, just shoved chairs into ours,ostensibly tring to make room. It was surreal.

3  Thank demiago
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were celebrating my sister's birthday in Paris and we chose this restaurant for dinner. It was great! Food was really good and very authentic - we had Lebanese among us. The restaurant had great wine from Lebanon and we really felt like we had dinner in a great welcoming atmosphere!
Service was very good - efficient, pleasant, friendly and warm!