“Slow, slow, slow”

Vapiano Champs-Elysees
Order Online
Ranked #10,067 of 21,441 Restaurants in Paris
Neighborhood: 8th Arr. - Elysee
Description: "Chi va piano, va sano e va lontano" According to an Italian proverb, "If you have an easy-going and relaxed approach to life, you'll live more healthily and longer"
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I like Vapiano concept and have visited their restaurants in many cities. This has to be the slowest restaurant I have ever visited and the queues were horrendous. When the food arrived it was good but then anything would be good after waiting an hour. Go somewhere else.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (489)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Service poor generally. Place dirty with sticky and unclean tables. staff in particular pizza chief very rude and impatient.
Pizza chief showed little interest in taking our order. Food prepared almost half cooked.

1  Thank javid222
VAPIANO F, Gérant at Vapiano Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Hello. Thank you for your review, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will transfer this information to the operational team in order to take the necessary measures. Vapiano Team Paris Champs Elysées

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

I went to this restaurant for the first time while visiting Paris. I was very disappointed and very dissatisfied with their type of service. You need to wait for more than half an hour for your food. Anyway the food is not good as informed by my friends.The worst thing is that they forgot my order... no apologies from the staff who took my order and from the manager.

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

this restaurant is located in paris, champs-elysees. the food was so delicious. the only problem was that the number of cooks was very little. the restaurant was so crowded but there was about 2 cooks in each station. honestly, it was impressive that they served us the food so fast considering the amount of people that were in line! great place, definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

I have been to many Vapiano’s before in the U.K., Germany and France. I know how they are supposed to be, and the expected time the food should take to be served. We had even been to this exact location before a year ago and the food and service were fine, but this time was a joke! It was our last day in Paris and we were looking for a place to eat before we went back to the Eurostar station. My son had specifically asked to come to Vapiano for pasta, so we walked 30 mins from where we were at Galeries Lafayette to the Vapiano on Champs-Élysées. I saw there were quite a few people in line for pasta, so decided to order our pizzas first so they could cook while I waited for the pasta. There were only two pasta stations open and 4 people waiting in front of me in each line, with many others waiting to order behind me as well. The 2 jokesters cooking the pasta were in no rush whatsoever to help minimise the wait time for the pasta, instead taking a ridiculous amount of time to cook each dish. They spent more time joking around and flirting with 2 sets of girls who were waiting for their pasta than they did doing their jobs. I checked my watch and it was upwards of 20+ minutes for two of the poor girls who had to put up with the cooks lame jokes and advances while they waited for their pasta to be made in front of them. I waited for over 50 minutes for my 7yr old sons pasta dish which is just not acceptable. The only reason we did not leave is because I had already ordered a pizza that had come which my husband and son had already started eating while I continued to wait for the pasta. There were plenty of staff working, so I have no idea why the other pasta stations weren’t opened to help ease the wait times. This place was just so disorganised and none of the staff seemed to give a F*** I was so annoyed with the whole ordeal I complained to the manager who took our payment. She didn’t seem to care one bit and just shrugged and said, all pastas are made to order. We will never come here again. Please don’t give this location any of your money. I’m still beyond angry about it. Obviously the management in an office somewhere are replying to a few of these reviews, but clearly the feedback is not being taken on board at this location, so why even bother replying?