“A typical French dinner”
Review of L'Ebauchoir

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It’s always nice to pick a restaurant in a foreign city and find it also very popular with locals. And so our choice of restaurant felt vindicated when we found ourselves as the only non-French in I’Ebauchoir one evening. Service was very friendly and professional and we were happy to accept recommendations from the staff. Vitelli tonnato and tuna were well prepared. Wine selection was excellent and priced fairly. Will be back.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (761)

Reviewed July 29, 2019

We ended up staying near L'Ebauchoir by chance and felt very fortunate to find it. It's a delightful place with just the right atmosphere, a lovely staff, and very good food. We were tourists, but they treated us just like all the locals (I speak a little French, which helped break the ice, perhaps). I would fly back to Paris for the fresh melon gazpacho alone. Unbelievably good.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

3rd visit in 4 years and each time has been as good as the previous, Food is classisms French bistro with some modern interpretations. Good wine list and well priced
I’m sure this restaurant is popular with locals as much as visitors

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

My daughter and I went to this restaurant and had a wonderful dinner. I could see they select the food in the season and I was very glad I came here. The chef's recommendation was a calf liver steak, my daughter tried it and it was FANTASTIC. She usually does not care for liver but it was magical cooking. Warmly recommended to others and we will also come back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

We ate lunch here after visiting the Marché d’Aligre and looking for restaurants nearby. So glad we found this — clearly popular with Parisians, this was a satisfying meal that you should try to reserve for (although they managed to squeeze us in). Choose from 2 or 3 courses from the small menu (more basic offerings) or the big menu (more expensive dishes). Simple food, well prepared, plenty of it. We had grated carrots as a starter and beef terrine as the other. Roast chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables for the main. All seasoned well, served quickly, plenty of wine options by the glass.

It was a pleasure to see the room filled with locals meeting midday for lunch. The room was bustling. Very child-friendly.

Date of visit: May 2019