“quick service and good.”
Review of Le Grand Cafe

Le Grand Cafe
Ranked #24 of 152 Restaurants in Fontainebleau
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe, European
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“quick service and good.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

stopped for some Lunch the service was very good and the food was to a good standard it was a Sunday Lunch. so the Cafe was very busy but was very well run and so the service was very good indeed and the food wonderful I would say a visit is a must..

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
London
“Quality food fresh ingredients”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was one of those steet cafes that we thought was quaint and in my view better than l'oval next door!

Good
-fresh ingredients
-more inventive salad menu
- fab desert selection-the whole board full of choices
-outdoor seating is plentiful

Bad
-i am biased against French service culture and here was no different-although i have to say that don't care about you approach was more efficient by here :-) food and drinks came quick

• Visited July 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Centre de Fontainebleau”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A very nice sidewalk and indoor restaurant in the center of Fontainebleau. We sat outside and watched the carousel go round while we had lunch. My wife liked the snails. I had the Hamburger Maison Le Grande Cafe. The meat and sauce were very good, but I have to remember to ask for medium well since the cooking is generally less done than in the USA, but still very good. I would go back and the wait staff was very professional as most are in France.

• Visited May 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect lunch next to the palace of emperors”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had half day to visit the Palace of Fontainebleau so we were looking for a relatively fast lunch. Le Grand Cafe offered a nice lunch menu, but finally we settled with a two course meal. The snails were a perfect choice as a starter for introducing my friend to the French cuisine. It was very nicely prepared, probably the best I tasted until now. After we took a salmon steak and Saint-Jacques. Both were very tender and the vegetable garnish and the sauce were also perfectly fitting. I am not very familiar with white wine, so I let the waitress to suggest one, it was again simple and nice. The tiramisu (dessert of the day) was nicely closing this lunch.
Not to expensive, spent around 70 for two, and 1 hour (fast service). The staff was also very friendly. I suggest the place for everyone.

• Visited April 2013
“Lamb to go back for”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I must compliment this establishment for their rack of lamb. While at INSEAD we dined there one night. A couple of the other people had the rack of lamb and they thoroughly enjoyed it. We ended up returning the the restaurant the next night and I also had the lamb. It was one of the best I've ever had. Served with gnocchi and vegetables. The wine selection was also very good and the service was great for France. The waiter's were very good even though we had basic French on our side and basic English on their side. The location of the restaurant close to the merry-go-round is also a bonus. I will recommend this establishment without hesitation.

Visited October 2012