“Typical good French lunch”
Review of L'Ovale

L'Ovale
Ranked #60 of 153 Restaurants in Fontainebleau
Cuisines: Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The place was full inside and most of the outside. I had the plate special which was very good and my wife had the salmon. It's a small and intimate place inside with a good selection for lunch. Mid week in April, mostly locals. We were just passing through, but glad we stopped.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is great place to have a lunch, as it is located right in front of the main square and castle in Fontainbleau. What ever we ordered was great, good value for money, desserts are superb. I wold recommend this place for sure as also they shine with their service, they all speak english! Thank you

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having consumed perhaps 2 dozen nicoise salads in Paris, I can definitely proclaim that the chicken salad version I enjoyed here was 5-star, top drawer, simply the best.
The greens were market fresh, 2 hard boiled eggs, fresh beans, endive, tomatoes and enough excellent chicken for a leftover sandwich. The presentation was superb, the environment just fine for a relatively quick lunch before taking on the Chateau, and the croque madame for madame was magnificent, but then it's hard to mess up a hot ham & cheese sandwich. Nevertheless, exceptional, as were the prices. Add two Coca Colas & the sum was 25 Euro.
Can't beat the location, adjacent to the obvious destination, and our service was friendly and quick.
Perusing the other diners dishes, we'll probably return for the hamburger, but salads seemed to be the main choice here.
Good choice!

1  Thank Petexyz
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A croque madame for myself, and a more substantial ( possibly too substantial ! ) dish for my wife. and a couple of pichets of wine made for anice break in our tour.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stopped in Fontainbleau on our way to Paris for lunch. The restaurant is modern with lots of out door eating space. It was very busy at lunchtime!!! Our server was rushed. There was no wine by the half bottle so we had a carafe of rather poor red wine. We both had steak and frites. The steak was tough and I honestly can't recall anything special about the frites.
Not a memorable meal.