“An excellent lunch”
Review of L'Ovale - CLOSED

L'Ovale
Cuisines: Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La brasserie Le France est idéalement située au coeur du quartier hyper centre, à 2 pas du manège et du parking sous terrain. Nous vous accueillons tous les jours de 7h à 1h pour petit déjeuner, déjeuner , dîner ou prendre un verre à l'intérieur ou sur notre terrasse chauffée l'hiver. Au gré des saisons, nous vous proposons une carte simple et généreuse, des formules petits déjeuner, déjeuners (10 et 15€) et des menus pour les groupes adaptés au budget souhaité. Accès handicapé, wifi, carte disponible en anglais, happy hour sur les bières et les coktails, stand de crêpes maison à déguster sur place ou emporter, -10% sur présentation de la carte commerçant, -10% Insead sur justificatif, -5% sur tout nos plats à emporter pendant les heures de service, capacité d'accueil de grandes tables ou de groupes sur réservation, .. Nos équipes s'efforcent d'optimiser la satisfaction de notre clientèle et la qualité du service pour vous recevoir et vous faire passer un moment des plus agréables
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A croque madame for myself, and a more substantial ( possibly too substantial ! ) dish for my wife. and a couple of pichets of wine made for anice break in our tour.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stopped in Fontainbleau on our way to Paris for lunch. The restaurant is modern with lots of out door eating space. It was very busy at lunchtime!!! Our server was rushed. There was no wine by the half bottle so we had a carafe of rather poor red wine. We both had steak and frites. The steak was tough and I honestly can't recall anything special about the frites.
Not a memorable meal.

1  Thank MegCanada
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I took a 5 days Executive Education at INSEAD, I went there with my wife, we chose hotel & restaurants based on trip advisor recommendation.

We visited LÓvale Cafe (3rd best by trip advisor) on Sunday evening around 7:00. We realized that we are too early, since there were not that many having dinner yet. Most of other guest are just having there espresso outside. This restaurant is located at a very prime location in the city, right in the street corner, in front of the main visitor's area. Very nice ambience.

We had Cold Foei Gras, Grilled Sea Bass, and Rib Eye Steak. They had a pretty big plate which good if you are really-really hungry. Food quality was very good, although not as good as La Petite Ardoise.

Service was good, the waiter was very nice, and they have English Menu !

We did try to have quick breakfast on Thursday morning. This Cafe open around 7:15, since I was a bit in a hurry, I only had a very nice, yummy croissant with espresso.

Highly Recommended.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had a really good meal and staff were friendly. Good buzz about the restaurant. If the weather had been better you could sit out and enjoy the surroundings. Fontainebleau itself an amazing place to be.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

we've eaten here several times, the food is great and affordable and the staff speaks English! I've had their lamb and duck plate which is delicious, I would highly recommend their 'plate of the day' as it's always good at a better price.