“Let down by staff and location ”

Raugi Glacier & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Bastia
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Home made ice creams & pizzas. Since 1937.
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

The ‘proper’ Raugi was closed at 13:50 on a Monday in August... we found a subsidiary on Av du General de Gaulle. I think the staff was in a hurry to finish the lunch service, we ordered a pizza and 2 ice creams. There were much better cafes along the avenue where surely we would have been served better. We went for the name - ice cream was good but nothing to rave about.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I want to begin this review by saying that this places houses the second best ice cream I’ve had in Bastia. I had ordered icecream from here quite a few times...... costumer service is another thing entirely. I went here a week or two ago to get an ice cream cone, there seemed to be a new waitress here who was extremely degrading and unprofessional!!!! I speak a bit of french, but due to my Caribbean accent some persons tend to not understand what I say... withstanding I ordered an icecream (which I think in any language is a simple thing to do) the waitress not fully understanding what I said started laughing at me to my face! She even called another waitress and continued laughing with her: I understand that my french accent and pronunciation is not perfect but her level in ignorance and unprofessionalism shocked me to the core... upon leaving I told her that she was very unprofessional and she behaved shocked! Mind you, my husband was there and speaks fluent french, he himself was shocked and disgusted by her behavior as he frequents here during the summer.
Personally I believe that her ignorance will be detrimental to this business which is frequented by a lot of tourists. I will never get an ice cream m here again! Management (who are friendly) needs to train there staff better to get others who REALLY need a job (people who NEED a job usually are the most professional)

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank tarickhj
leglacierRaugi, Propriétaire at Raugi Glacier & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hi,
Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry about this bad experience at ours. We do hope to welcoming you again and offering you a way better experience.
Kind regards,
The management

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant by chance as it was one of only a handful of places open in Bastia on a public holiday. They have a big selection of ice creams and sorbet as you enter, (as they also do takeaway), plus a great menu of thin base wood fired pizzas (also available as a takeaway).

There is seating both inside and outside on a terrace but as it was raining we preferred sitting indoors. We waited for 15 minutes for a table to become available and the food was worth the wait. The pizzas come in three different sizes and are thin crust which was delicious. I had the medium sized four seasons and he had the large Santorini. Both had a generous amount of toppings. Please be aware the black olives have stones in them.

For desert they have a separate menu which has a large selection of ice cream with Chantilly cream and Fruit coulis. We opted for two scoops of ice cream each, I had salted caramel and mint Choc chip and he had salted caramel with pistachio. The pistachio and mint Choc chip were delicious but the salted caramel was good but could have been more flavoursome.

All in all a superb location with fantastic pizza and a great selection of ice cream and deserts. I would highly recommend

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We love having a meal at Raugi. Nice and friendly atmosphere. Pizzas are excellent with a large choice of toppings and original recipes. Everything is made to order. And what could be better to finish dinner than ice cream! Homemade, a large selection of flavors, many local savors. It's a not to be missed institution in Bastia so you better reserve your table!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Just looking at the frozen delights in here is enough to your blood sugar levels rising.

Looking won't be enough though as there a huge selection of icecream and frozen cakes both large and small. I had the frozen lemon meringue cake. It had a biscuit base and lemon meringue on top with lemon gelati in the centre. Next level.

Date of visit: September 2017