All reviews private beach patio overlooking the sea public transportation lovely hotel corsica furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2017

The hotel is very nice and right on the water. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, with terraces to the water.

The hotel has acces to a small and beautiful beach with a restaurante called Paillote Cala di Sole, which apparently is not affilliated with the hotel... DO NOT eat there...or be sure to ask for the price of everything they charge x weight before doing so. I went to this restaurant twice. The first time, I ordered a lobster (which is known to be pricey in Corsica) and paid for a 300gr lobster around 60 euro. The following week I returned and they suggested the local fish which was only 8 euros x 100 gr. My wife and I shared an ate probably around 400gr of fish meat, but when the bill arrived they wanted to charge me 136 euros... I complained because I could not believe my eyes, and they came back and charged me 119 euros. I decided to pay just because I was not going to ruin my last day of my holiday, but never in my life have I felt so robbed like this place. 120 euro or 60 euro per person will get you an amazing dish in many michellin restaurants... which this is clealry not. Don't go here if you don't like being robbed.

Date of stay: August 2017
3  Thank Gustavo B
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was a surprise packet. Rated 3 Star but in a 4 Star setting.

It was spacious with excellent off street parking facilities.

Very well appointed ocean view rooms and terraces. A superb large,deep salt water pool and a beautiful private beach club on a pretty sandy beach about 60 metres away.

The beach club had an excellent restaurant and beach bed / chair setup.

This hotel made for a totally relaxing beach break.

We would return without hesitation. Great value for money.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay and we were sad to leave having enjoyed under 24hrs feeling well and truly looked after and experiencing magical a sunset while sipping a sundowner on our sea facing private balcony. Having the waves lull you to sleep was the most relaxing experience ever. Extremely well kept rooms with all mod cons and super comfy bed. Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating and the cocktails delicious. If we could we would leave where we are now in Portovecchio to come back!! Hope we come back soon :)

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2016

We stayed at Cala di Sole for a few nights at the beginning of October. The front of the hotel upon arrival doesn`t make a great impression - 1950s/60s style building in need of an update. But the rooms have an amazing, up-close view of the ocean, with a sliding door that almost completely opens and a spacious balcony. The rooms are nice and uncomplicated. Unfortunately, the restaurant wasn`t open for dinner as it was the end of the season, so we had to walk about 10-12 minutes along the main road to get to the nearest restaurants. People drive quite fast and it wasn`t particularly pleasant to walk here, especially with children, so it would be advisable to have a car in the off-season when the hotel restaurant is closed. The beach was just a few steps away and we had it almost completely to ourselves. The children loved it and were sad to leave. Worth the price and would stay again!

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank Juma1707
Reviewed October 12, 2016

The hotel was ideally located with its own cosy private clean beach, turquoise clear waters. It has a fantastic location directly on the water with a remarkable view and sea waves lapping the rocks under the balcony. We stayed in October and the water was still warm enough to sleep in. The hotel was clean and modern - everything in very good condition. The staff was always helpful with good tips about the area and generally kind.

Date of stay: October 2016