See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Very helpful & friendly staff nothing was too much trouble for them.. Ten minute walk from town and ten walk from beach. Nice bakery across the road if you don't want breakfast Included. Great sea view from our bedroom window.
To get to hotel bus no 7 from train or ferry drops you outside hotel bust stop Leclerc.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2018

The best part of this hotel was the staff. Since our room was also used as an optional long-term rental, we had to complete an extensive check list of what was included in the room and its condition. Take the time to check this thoroughly. As stated in the hotel description you are a short walk to beaches , market, harbor, and groceries. The Boulangerie across the street was a daily stop for us. Would recommend you eat from the many food trucks along the beach to save $ and enjoy the outdoors. You can also easily access hiking trails from the hotel. Yes, the hotel is older, but the room was updated. Not the best work, but it was clean.
We did not rent a car, but the staff showed us how to find buses, trains, and cabs. It was a last minute trip and we would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2016

I stayed at the Albon hotel from May 11 through the 16th-. I had a room with a great view of the sea. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable. Though it was only May, I do a lot of hotel reviews and I tried out the air conditioner which looked to be a new modern unit and it worked very well and was nice and quiet.

The tv had about 24 channels and great reception. The wifi worked very well with a strong signal and no lag. The bathroom had plenty of hot water.
They had a very nice breakfast buffet in a pleasent setting with a nice view of the garden out back.

The hotel is conveniently located with the downtown restaurants, Napoleon park, Charles de Gaulle plaza, the beaches, casino and supermarket all within a 10 minute walk.

They have a safe in the room, but I don't think you'll need it. Now I've made numerous trips to Europe and I know there it's not expected that you leave a tip in the room , but I often do when I think they've done a very good job. As I usually do, I leave a tip on the bed. Now that money is usually taken, even in Europe, but not at the Albion. On the first day, I left a few euros on the bed and when I returned, I found that money had been placed on the desk. So the next day, I added a few more euros and placed it on the bed. Again when I returned I found the money had been placed on the desk. Same thing happened on the third day. i finally had to track down the woman who had cleaned my room and tell her that was a tip for her. So like I said, they have a safe in the room, but I don't think you need it.

But one of the best features of the hotel was the staff. They were very helpful with all my needs such as setting up a car rental. I found out this hotel is owned and operated by the same family that runs the Chez Paulo restaurant right in the heart of the main tourist district. I dined there on a couple of occassions. . It's a very warm, cozy place inside and out and the food was great wit a large variety of food from steaks, seafood, poultry, pizza and of course plenty of Corsican dishes. The owner was nice enough to show me around telling me about some of the celebrities who have dined at her establishment.

The combination of the way the hotel and the restaurant treated me made me feel right at home and made for a very enjoyable stay in Ajaccio and was a key factor in giving this hotel such a good rating. I hope to go back and I will stay there again.

Room tip: Rooms on the sea side have a great view!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2015

I stayed at this hotel together with my friend for a week. We shared a double room (two single beds pushed together) in 7th floor with a nice view of the ocean. The windows where big and could be slided open. There was a mechanical thingy outside which could shut out the sun completely. The air-condition worked perfectly which was crucial in the heat. The room was spacious with enough room to hang up our clothes in the closet. There was no refrigerator in the room, but we could keep our food in refrigerated closets in the breakfast area which we could use 24/7. The bathroom was the best! It looked like it was quite new. Enough room in the shower, enough space to put your stuff by the sink. I missed more hooks though to hang wet clothes, but other wise really great!

The cleaning was very good. Each day, when we came back after our beachvisits, all the sand we had brought with us the day before was gone and there were fresh towels and a clean bed and bathroom.

The breakfast was ok. Baguettes, croissants, muffins, ham, honey, different types of jam, coffee, juice. Yeah, not the greatest, but it was enough for us. Costs 12 euro pr person pr day though.

The receptionists where polite, but did not understand english very well. They just smiled and said yes to everything, but we managed the language barrier quite well. There was one lady, with dark curly long hair, in particular who stood out. She was always helpful and very service minded. The one thing that body language couldn’t fix was the wifi. They said they had wifi all over the hotel, but apparently the passwords were different each time we asked. We tried to log on, but eventually we just logged on to the network called «orange» and payed 20 euros for 30 days of limitless wifi across the city.

We reserved Albions parking for a couple of days. It costs 6 euro per day. You get the key in the reception to open the gate, but rememberer to reserve parking some days in advance! By the way, Europcar lies just about 400 meters down the street from the hotel. Remember to get a car with gps! There are not many signs in the rural part of Corsica.

There is a bar at the hotel and if you need water in the middle of the night, you can buy 1,5 l bottles as well, just put it on your room.
There is a cozy bakery across the street and a SPAR supermarket further down the street about 400 meters, vis a vis Europcar.
The st. Francis beach lies about 10 min walking distance from the hotel.

Overall, a good 3 stars hotel in the heart of Ajaccio :)

Room tip: Get a room with ocean-view on 7th floor
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank krisander
Reviewed May 25, 2015

Went here with my mother, not in the tourist season. Few guests, great service and a nice breakfast. The room was clean, quiet and with a nice temperature. Not far from the city centre. A small minus that few of the hotel staff spoke English. Overall I had an enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: October 2014