See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

They did not give us the advertized free breakfast:
I checked the hotel on the web the day before, but did not reserve, as it was not high season and we arrived early. They told me there were only triple room left. We were tired and just accepted. Just after I checked on their own wen site; firstly there were twin rooms available, and secondly the same price for the triple room included breakfast!
I went down to the reception and asked why we did not get free breakfast.
First they tried to tell me that it was not possible to find better deal on internet, then I showed her their very own web page on my smart phone. Her reaction was: "we are aware of this, this is an error on our web pages"!!
The least they could have done is to give us the advertized free breakfast: advertisements are a form for commitment.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
kalliste20, Directeur général at Hotel Kalliste, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Mister Peter,

I am surprised to see your customer comment. we did an early check in at 9 am for free, check in at 2 pm normaly, your room rate was 79 euros for a large room with a double bed and a single bed. you asked me for a free breakfast, except that the site you were on was not valid, you could have made the reservation on the site if it was more advantageous, but you could not do it because the site did not work normally
it is you who are dishonest with such an unfair attitude towards our hotel and our reputation, I also note you 1/5.
I want to know if the price of 79 euros is expensive for a great superior for two people with an early check in at 9 o'clock. you are free to choose another hotel if the rate does not suit you.
dear readers please watch out for dishonest comments
friendly

Reviewed September 28, 2018

Basic but nice and clean accommodation. Situated on a busy main road. Air conditioned but hot weather meant windows and shutters needed to be open. Breakfast was very enjoyable with plenty of choice.. Cook your own boiled eggs. Les oeufs sont Crus. (New one on me!)

Room tip: 13 on street, quite noisey.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I stayed here for two nights in September 2017. Hotel is all right, but nothing to rave about.
I had a room facing the main street, so it was a bit noisy. Reception staff at check-in was friendly.
Like most of the places on Corse, I found the costs of accomodation a bit too high for what you get.
Hotel is not very close to the old town, but it is still walkable. Also the train station can be reached on foot.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days, and really enjoyed while my stay here. The localisation is probably one of the best and it is close to all facilities. The rooms are very clean and stuff is really friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We had an excellent stay at Kallisté, which surpassed our expectations for a 2-star hotel. Arriving on a very hot day, we were very happy (and surprised) to learn that our rooms were air-conditioned, one of them even having a ceiling fan in addition. The rooms are small but airy, clean, and charming, with the original stone walls still visible in some areas. We had no issues whatsoever with noise. The beds were very comfortable. The location is super, close to both marinas and the city center, which made it easy to pop in and out. We also found the breakfast, at 9€ extra per person, to be good value, with a nice selection of cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, meats, cheese, yoghurt and eggs. I highly recommend the Kallisté!

Room tip: Some rooms have ceiling fans in addition to AC.
Date of stay: July 2017