“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Easily the best meal in Corsica so far. An outstanding evening of excellent food, friendly service and a delightful response to my fractured French. I ate three courses of generous proportions, all delicious, accompanied by an elegant house red. The evening ended by a local Corsican well known to the owners joining me at my table for an educational cross cultural discussion. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly. My entrée of eggs, olives, cheese and tomatoes is pictured below

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank David L

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

A pearl. You may say: a very small restaurant with traditional food. And therefore you will not detect the extraordinary charm of this place. In fact, you are received at home, in a family kitchen, treated as a guest (not a client),
with the generosity of the days of fest, with sedimentation of knowledge in the dishes, with proudness for its land and openness to your culture, with care to children from very nice aunts. This is the mediterraneo I like.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most enjoyable meals we had in Corsica. Courgette flower beignets were a dream. Veal stew with olives was robustly flavoured. Excellent Îles flottantes. The rosé recommended was ideal for our food. I’d gladly return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We are a party of two families (with three children) and went to Ghiulia in Ajaacio center on a Friday evening. The terrasse and the interior were full. We were warmly welcomed by a sympathical woman (daughter of Ghiulia?). We had a table in the interior what arranged us very good.

The meat balls with spaghetti for the children were perfect and were served together with our starters (to share): a charcuterie plate (diverse extraordinarily tasty meat specialities from the region) and the (traditional) fried cucumbers.

After that, we unfortunately had to wait nearly an hour before our main plate found the way to our table. No surprise so, that we weren't that hungry anymore. In the waiting time, and also afterwards, the lighting in the restaurant turned off a several times: an electrician should probably pass to check this. What we could also observe (as we had a lot of time), is that the used plates, glasses etc. were collected just on a long table in front of us, meaning in the dining room, not in a kitchen or service area. Don't get it wrong: I didn't feel uncomfortable with that, I even think this makes a kind of charme in this little home-like place, but not everybody in our company shared this point of view.

When our main dishes finally came and the first bites of food landed in our stomach, the hunger came again very quickly. The delicious veal with olives, calamari and spaghetti with gambas were a absolute highlight (so far) and made us even look at the dessert menu.

But we first asked for the remaining waiting time, as we have meanwhile spend three hours in the restaurant. We were assured that they would serve as fast as possible, while they apologized for letting us wait so long. And it didn't indeed take very long, until our desserts were served: Pavlovo, flan, ice cream and chocolate mousse ... all of it was great!

Last but not least: We opted for an overall excellent Abatucci general white wine!

I would recommend this restaurant and also return there, but only if I am sure to have the three hours time needed.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We came here through Trip Advisor reviews aware that a lot of places in the old town lack authenticity. It’s quite expensive, so we went for the set menu at 32 Euro. It’s 3 courses. My wife doesn’t eat sweet things so we asked if cheese could replay pudding. No problem. So we had fish soup followed by fish of the day which was moustelle, a local boy. Both dishes were lovely. I had a home made flan and my wife the excellent local cheese. We also had a bottle of Corsican white. Really good. Friendly and attentive family staff.

Date of visit: July 2018