“Struggle to remember a better pizza ”
Review of Le Papacionu

Le Papacionu
Ranked #16 of 397 Restaurants in Ajaccio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Sensational and innovative pizzas combined with a prime dining area and really slick service justifies this venue top 10 ranking.

Paid around €40 euros for 2 pizzas and 4 glasses of wine.

As others reviewers have advised bookings seem essential on popular nights.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

The pizza's are good, and wide choice too, so with all the recommendations it gets full quickly. By 1930 all tables were full on the exterior. We arrived at 1900 just as they were opening.

Only criticism was that some staff members were not knowledgeable on the wine selection, and was not a question of language - I speak fluent French. When asked about which local red wine was good, the answer was ' they all are'.
At least they could ask your preferences or try to describe the wine. 8 red wines is not a lot to learn.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank SteveD722
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Tried to go without a booking and the place was fully completely full so definitely worth booking ahead. Managed to get a booking for the next night. The pizzas were very nice and served very promptly after ordering which was great considering how busy it is. We also had the chocolate cake and cheese cake for dessert which were both amazing. Definitely a visit if you are in Ajaccio!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 3, 2017

This place had been recommended by friends we met in Ajaccio, and know the place well. Tiny street, but full of nicely set tables with a discret view of the sea & port.
Pizzas were very good and service was quick. This is a place were reservation is highly recommended.
I have given them a 5 star rating, but I would recommend them to cook their pizzas slightly more, so that we can have a bit of crust on the sides, and not only dough.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Me and my husband are pizza geeks and we have high standard for what we consider a good pizza. Le Papacionu's pizza was heavenly, possibly the best pizza I have ever eaten (and I have eaten a lot of pizza). I ate Burrata, pizza with delicious burrata cheese and some salat on the top. The pizza was perfect: the bun, the flavors, the tomato sauce. Unfortunately my husband was not as lucky as me with his choise. He thought he chose a white pizza, La Bianca, but it was actually a pizza without sauce. The toppings were great, but the pizza was little dry since there was so sauce. I let him try a piece of my pizza and he agreed it was great. This restaurant has several great vegetarian options. I recommend booking a table in advance.

Date of visit: July 2017