“Wonderful location, accomodation and hosts!”
Review of Maison Borghetti

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corsica
Maison Borghetti
Ranked #22 of 374 Corsica B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I am a little late on reviewing this as we visited in August, but I couldn't not write about how fantastic this place was. My husband had booked us in as a surprise for our honeymoon and although we stayed only 4 nights it definitely left an impression on us. Brian and Patrick are two of the most welcoming and friendly people you could meet and their home is wonderful. We stayed in the Chambre Vincent Lafon room which was wonderfully decorated and full or charm and character. Yes it's eclectic but it really works and adds to the charm, and even though it's was 30+ degrees outside I couldn't not use the free standing claw foot bath tub.

As for the food, Patrick is a wonder chef! The breakfast consisted of fresh coffee, and freshly squeezed juice, fruit salad, cold meats and cheese and yogurt, berries and cereal. Everything you need to start a fun packed day. As for dinner, it was absolutely amazing, we paid €27 and this included aperetifs, starter, main, dessert coffee, a digestif and wine by the bucket (well almost). The company was fantastic, Brian and Patrick have travelled around the world and have plenty of amusing stories that can keep you entertained for hours. And if you do have the pleasure of visiting ask Patrick to make his famous Quiche, which is out of this world and if you're lucky enough and there is any spare, he'll package it up for you take on a picnic the next day.

We would definitely recommend a visit here, if you're looking for rustic and authentic charm, fantastic hosts and a little bit of magic in the Corsican hills, you won't find better than Maison Borghetti!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chambre Vincent Lafon which is ideal for that special occasion!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateBailey

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Maison Borghetti
The Maison is found in Talasani a small village about 500 turns from the N198 the main coastal road on the eastern side of Corsica. The turn off is found just north of the coastal village of Santa Lucia di Moriani.
Patrick, Brian and Kika (the wonder dog) warmly greet you on arrival. It is a warmness that stays with you throughout your stay and remains with me today as I write this several months later.

This is great place to launch from as you can cover so much of the island from here though the western side would be too far, but north or south is easily done in a day. We managed to go to Calvi, Saint Florent, Bonifaccio and several times up to Macinaggio where you can launch on a walk that takes you to the northern tip of Corsica (something well worth doing)

The main thing though is the Maison; we had superb breakfasts taken at leisure with all the homemade compotes, yogurts and muesli mixes. Mixed with this are often lively discussions and helpful assistance about what to do for the day out.
Often the best part of the day is coming home to the maison hopping into a warm bath and getting ready for dinner esp. on the days where you can have dinner at the house.

Patrick is a superb chef and whips up delights for his Russian, Italian, French nights all with a touch of Belgian inspiration. The desserts are even better!
The thing that draws me to the place is the fact that I feel as though I have found some friends who welcomed me into their house and in return they would always be welcome at my door. That is not something I could say very often but that is they way they made me feel.

The eclectic collection of crockery, glasses, and furniture (you name it) I could not have in my own house, however, I totally loved it there. It is so much in keeping with the way the place is. It just somehow works and is a huge part of the charm.

The dinner conversation can change a bit depending on who the guests are but both the guys do as much as they can in so many languages to keep everyone involved, it is a credit to them. My wife would converse with Patrick for hours about a shared love of food and for cooking shows (mastechef) while Brian an I dissected the universe until some ridiculous time in the morning (sorry other guests if we kept you awake) when my wife told Kika to stop playing with me and put me down so we could go to bed as the others had to get up early for breakfast preparation only a few hours later.

To put this simply, this place is simply fantastic, it offers real value and I would recommend it to anyone who is prepared to enjoy the simple things offered here like good food and pleasant company. It really is no more complicated than that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank droidzviewz
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our hosts were wonderfull. Good B&B, very quiet and relaxing.
Rooms are surprising but very comfortable
Breakfeast excellent and dinner on demand.
In the middle of a small village of 60 persons.

If you want to visit the east north part of Corsica , this is the place

Prices are 70 to 80€ in Septembre

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patkat08
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We have a couple more nights to go before leaving the welcoming fold of Maison Borghetti after a 7 night stay. I'm already starting to feel sad about leaving Patrick and Brian!

Set in the beautiful quiet hill town of Talasani, north eastern Corsica, Maison Borghetti is simple and beautiful, welcoming and heart warming. Patrick and Brian (and of course Kika) have created a place of tranquility which feels like staying with family (family on a good day that is!). We are light sleepers but have already had to set our alarms to wake in the mornings, we seem to slump into bed and just sleep. Heaven.

The rooms - we had Chambre Vincent Lafon with a beautiful claw foot bath and separate shower, candles everywhere and an open fire in the winter - are decorated with the panache of Patrick who has thought out every corner and the eclectic antiques work together so well, a very gifted man as he does the relief / fresco paint work on the walls and ceilings as well as the cooking.

Which brings me on to the cooking....breakfasts are perfect, good coffee (or tea I'm sure), fresh breads and home made preserves, quality ham and cheeses, home made berry compote with cereal and home made yoghurt made for the best start to the day. The evening meals hosted by Patrick and Brian are again superb. We have 2 more to enjoy before our departure but so far they have been nothing short of a fabulous night. Hosting 4 nights per week in the summer months, meals are taken communally for those who choose this option (and an option I'd highly recommend). The food is great, fresh, light, local with the most sublime desserts (and lots of food - for those who want more there will never be a shortage here) all cooked by Patrick with love, care and skill. Presented family style so you can help yourselves but eaten together at a large table. A place for guests and hosts to mingle and chat. For the nights that the kitchen is closed the food at the local restaurants is good. I would particularly recommend the pizza restaurant at Moriani Plage which is an easy drive away.

The location of Maison Borghetti is awesome. You can go north, south, east - there's many options for great day trips. Beautiful beaches are within close reach. Patrick and Brian have a good set of maps and will give recommendations of where to go which have so far been spot on for us.

And value???....ummmmm lets just say it's incredible value here. The dinner evenings are 27.5E pp including aperitif, wine, food, digestive, coffee...yes you get my drift. The rooms are exceptionally priced and if you do come here I have no doubt you'll enjoy your stay. Just make sure you book early as they only have 3 rooms. Also if you have the time give yourself a treat and stay long enough to enable the state of complete relaxation to seep into your soul.

Maison Borghetti is a charmer. Thank you Patrick and Brian, we will leave with warmth our hearts and the feeling of the world being a better place because of you in it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MataiDubai
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Well proportioned rooms, eclectic furnishings, huge bathroom with wonderful roll-top bath and separate shower. In short, well styled and very comfortable. The friendly and welcoming hosts were extremely knowledgeable about the island, recommending places the guide books didn't mention and provided detailed maps to get them. As the food was so good, we took advantage of every evening meal on offer!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed in Maison Borghetti for the second time already after we fell in love with the place during our first stay a little more than one year earlier. We were not disappointed! The two hosts, Patrick and Brian, are extremely good hosts, and their table d'hotes dinners are always a strong recommendation. The food is very good, the place for dinner in this old Corsican mansion is fascinating, and the conversations with other guests usually really interesting.

It is the perfect place to discover the East side of Corsica from, especially worthwhile if you like hiking. However, this is not the place to hang out all day long! (There would be only your room and the lovely but petit garden.) The hosts have excellent hints to give for insider trips in the East and North of Corsica, so we were never short things to do. You have to have a car though, you probably couldn't even get there any other way.

In other words, this is a strong recommendation if you are looking for an authentic chambre d'hotes in Corsica!!!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Michael_1978_Germany
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The room was very flamboyant and somewhere between art gallery and an antique store. I am sure lots of people love it but we found it a little cluttered and rather dark.
We stayed in the Summer and it was very hot and also rather humid compared to other areas and hotels on the island.
We also found there to be a lot of mosquitos which managed to get through the fly screens and had a voracious appetite.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple