“Great experience”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

wounderful food, the best wines and great atmosphere, good service and what a location!

A lovley evening and yes we will be visting again

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed September 9, 2019

I ate here (alone) for dinner on Sunday August 11th. As the weather was poor, I ate inside.

I started with foie gras, followed it by cocotte de lotte, then cheese, and finished with baba au rhum. Everything was excellent. I ate here last year and the food was poor, but this year it was very good.

However, the service was terrible. The waitress was one of the most miserable people I have had the displeasure to have to deal with. She was equally miserable with her other customers. She not only failed to smile during the whole experience, but she then tried to slightly overcharge me! She was so poor that if I visit the restaurant again, I will ensure that I am seated in an area served by someone else.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

We should have trusted the negative reviews.
Terrible value for money given such bad food.
Duck was impossible, cheeses were passed out and soufflé cooked in 5 minutes...you can tell.

1  Thank 147oskarl
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Despite its grand exterior and beautiful patio area, the food is not just excellent but reasonably priced too.
The staff are excellent and whilst their English is limited, it was easy to get by.
Having eaten there the first time without a reservation, we were lucky to get a table as it fills up quickly, so we booked for the second visit and the staff remembered everything we liked including which wine, that is impressive for such a busy restaurant.
On the first visit we had the fixed price menu and at about €39 per head was good value with everything being beautifully prepared.
On the second visit, we went for the al a carte and opted for the pork and the veal stew, both were delicious and extremely tender.
Well worth a visit and I would definitely recommend making a reservation even if its just earlier on the same day

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner tonight.
Their magnificent peaceful and private terrace is superb. The staff is well dressed and very polite.
The food we ordered was even better than our high expectations.
Is definitely a place to remember and come back to when visiting Reims!

Location: 9/10