“Excellent”

Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

In a clean, modern space in the middle of 'old' Reims we enjoyed excellent food, wine and service. The tableware alone caused comment for its elegance, the service was prompt but not overbearing and we were helped enough when an item on the menu was not readily understood. We (eight people) would all return on another visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The tasting menu was certainly some of the best food I've ever tasted. The wines selected supported some fantastic food.

Part of a 50th birthday celebration and so to be honest unsure how much it all cost but for me, I suspect quite a lot, so really can't say if it was value for money - just know the food was memorable.

Yes the time between courses was long but I don't mind that when the food is this good!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wonderful restaurant with fantastic silver service, definitely deserving of their Michelin Star. Staff were very patient with our limited French. We really enjoyed our evening here.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was our blowout dinner celebration on our recent trip to Reims. I cannot begin to express what a beautiful experience we had.

The decor completely modern, clean, and minimalist which allows the food and service to really shine.

The service is 2nd to none and what you would expect from a Michelin rated restaurant.

We shared a giggle that I was given a menu with no pricing, such a modern restaurant and such a dated practice. But the whole experience was beautiful.

I ordered from the tasting menu and my husband ordered a la carte. We enjoyed every single last bite. The menu changes seasonally and I want to return for every single opportunity. The plating was exceptional.

This restaurant is for special occasions and is a beautiful date night.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my dinner at Le Millenaire, but for the prices I wasn't blown away. The veal I had was absolutely incredible - probably the most tender and some of the most flavorful I've ever had. My appetizer was quite nice as well (lobster on a cucumber tartare with some kind of frozen cream of cucumber). It's just that for €50 for an app + €50 for a main + the high price of wine, I would expect to be really, really impressed - and I was more just pleasantly satisfied. If that makes sense...

I'd say the waitstaff were part of the issue - we had somewhat inconsistent/cold and slow service. And the temperature in the room (upstairs) was SO hot.

I can see what people mean about the atmosphere - it's really bright and plain. On one hand it's kind of cool and modern (I kept thinking IKEA), but on the other it's not exactly relaxing like a cozy, dark room would be.

I can't give any less than 4 out of 5 because it really was quite good, and I knew what I was getting into price-wise. I just think I'd try elsewhere in the future to find a better quality/price/atmosphere ratio (which I'm quite sure exists).