To be clear, the Residence Clairmarais is not a hotel in the traditional sense. Though it has a 24-hour front desk, it is essentially an apartment building in which each guest gets their own unit. While the halls are somewhat worn and there is certainly no cozy communal area, for the traveler looking for an inexpensive and convenient place to stay in Reims, it is a great option
I had a studio room, which included an entrance hallway, decent size bathroom, and a bedroom with desk and kitchenette (sink/microwave/range and cooking utensils). The room was spotless and utilitarian and there were lots of shelves and storage. The building was very easy to reach from the highway (three short turns after the exit) and there is a downstairs parking lot that offers spaces at 5 euros a day (a great deal). All the restaurants/bars/sights of Reims are about an 8-minute walk from the front door, and though the neighborhood at first looks a little gritty there are plenty of people of all ages on the streets all the time. For those who wish to save some money and cook for themselves, there is a great supermarket just around the block.
In summary, if you are looking for style & atmosphere, choose to stay at a traditional hotel, but if you want a clean, functional and well-located room at a good price, give the Clairmarais a try.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sejours & Affaires Clairmarais - Reims reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sejours & Affaires Clairmarais - Reims Hotel Reims
- Sejours And Affaires Clairmarais - Reims
- Residence Clairmarais Reims
- Residence Clairmarais Hotel Reims