“Surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was in Heathrow Terminal 5 in the BA lounge... half asleep and have just arrived from San Francisco and was waiting for my flight to Copenhagen. I wandered around the lounge looking for a glass of bubbly... and oh my god I was instantly woken up by the refreshing taste of this champagne! I was late for flight so had to down my amazing glass of rose champagne... and all I remembered was "Bruno" and "Rose" and I saw that it was from Reims, France (which I've been to!) A week later I couldn't stop thinking about it and finally thanks to Google found it online... I cannot recommend it more (because I couldn't stop thinking about it) and ever since that glass I have been having a glass of bubbly everyday for dinner during my business trip! Next time I am in France I 'm definitely stopping by Reims again to find this place... and now that I am back in SF I am going to look for it!!!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Snowman1120

san francisco, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“You have to stop by in Reims buy the Premiere Cuvee Rose. It's gold colored and incredible!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I am a bit obsessed with Champagne and this is one that probably a lot of American's haven't heard of. The maison is called Bruno Paillard and the champagne is ahhhhh so crisp, vibrant, different, light and fresh. Bruno Paillard Champagne has been around since 1981 and is "a young, dynamic house that has quickly established a reputation for elegant wines with real style" (www.snooth.com) They only use first pressings, vinify each cru and won a huge Champagne award in 2006 (Ps I love that year for wine).

One of the reasons this champagne is so great other than the flavor is the unique gold color which to me is a dream. It's the perfect meal accompaniment or celebration toaster and is truly the little pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Joel Robuchon and Bruno Paillard actually partnered together a while back and Joel created 18 or so recipes using Bruno's Champagne. I was pleasantly delighted to see 2 of my favorite people/ products working together. http://www.champagnebrunopaillard.com/ Click here, turn the music off and go to tasting with Joel Robuchon to see his 18 recipes!! Can't wait to try and make one of these tricky yet most likely oh so delicious concoctions they came up with!

You unfortunately can't taste at Bruno Paillard but you can go there and get the teeny tiny locals discount. I believe it's 28 or 30 euro a bottle but at a restaurant like Les Crayeres the price is immediatley increased 3x to 80 euro a bottle.

This gem is the Premiere Cuvee Rose. You can def buy it at a local wine shop in Paris and I hope you can get it in the states. If not, out to the Champagne region you come!!

Visited February 2011