“Amazing Tour”

Ranked #7 of 23 Tours in Reims
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My fellow singers and I had an amazing tour with Stephanie who was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the history of Reims. She was very patient as we were not very fast walkers and also we asked lots of questions. I intend to go back with my husband as I know he will find this trip as enjoyable as I did. Thank you Stephanie!

All reviews
"wineries"
"kings"
"french"

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reims was a side trip to our honeymoon in Paris. I planned our honeymoon and surprised my wife after our wedding. We are the honeymooning couple mentioned in the previous review (the reviewers were a nice, fun couple from Australia who only enriched the overall experience). Reims was our favorite part of the trip, and this tour was the highlight. Stéphanie was warm and charismatic, full of interesting facts and excited to tell us about her hometown of Reims. Her english was perfect with a charming French accent. I highly recommend this tour in order to fully appreciate the history, culture and beauty of Champagne region.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We last visited Reims in 1981 and were delighted to join Stephanie and a honeymoon couple exploring the hidden gems of an art nouveau centre of excellence. The tour culminated in an informative tour of the main Taittinger cellar after a three course meal including wine in a local restaurant. We were able to fit in a visit to the Museum of the Surrender - a must for history buffs. The tour, which includes train tickets, is well organised and professional. Previous reviewers have been entirely accurate about Stephanie, an English speaking guide who is exceptional for her knowledge, patience and charm. The day trip is enjoyable and is an excellent break from the hurly-burly of Paris.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We took the advice of other reviewers and joined this walking tour. We are so glad we did. We were the only 2 on the walk and we spent a fascinating 2 hours with Stephanie who showed us the hidden gems of Reims - the art deco and art nouveau buildings, some beautiful interiors, the Cathedral and the Carnegie Library. She also recommended a great place for lunch - Cafe du Palais. This tour was one of the highlights of our visit to Reims. Thank you!

1  Thank Jane V
See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an absolutely brilliant way to delve deeper into Reims and its fascinating, poignant history. Stephanie's enthusiasm for this lovely city, art deco and the place Reims has played on the world stage is so infectious. She will teach you to look upwards to discover details you may have walked past many times without noticing. You'll learn so much about this phoenix city, its oft-beleaguered people, the beautiful cathedral and the Carnegie Library. This was my fourth trip to Reims in 18 months and I was astonished at what I had been blithely walking past. I took this tour on an absolutely freezing afternoon a few days ago and, despite the bitter, bitter cold, I didn't want it to end.

It's easy to join: just turn up by 10am or 2pm, and someone will be waiting against the post outside the pharmacie on Place D'Erlon. Stephanie speaks great English as she went to art school in Norwich, but was most gracious with my determination to make it through in French. This really is the best 15 Euro you can spend in Reims. Highly recommended.

7  Thank MaggieShoeburyness