“Lovely day with a fantastic guide!”
Review of WB Champagne

WB Champagne
Ranked #1 of 82 things to do in Reims
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide an authentic experience visiting our small family champagne house and vineyards. We want to teach you about champagne whilst letting you discover the wonderful Wafflart-Briet champagne. We are a small champagne house in a tiny village not far from Reims. All of our cellar visits are private and so you are able to ask as many questions as you want! You can also come for short tastings or to buy champagne. We now export our champagne around the world so if you fall in love with it you can buy it at home too!
Reviewed April 8, 2012

It's Easter now and we are just reminiscing about our lovely day with Rachel. We are also celebrating Easter with champagne from Wafflart-Briet- cuvee prestige named after her partner Alexi whose family has had this small champagne house for five generations. Rachel helped us with all our arrangements, met us at the train station with a smile and arranged 3 different champagne houses to tour. The highlight was visiting the Wafflart-Briet champagne house in Sacy, having a delicious french lunch and meeting some of the family. We learned alot, drank champagne and ended our day touring the Reims cathedral and walking through the lovely city of Reims. Fantastic day, fantastic tour and Rachel was so kind and friendly!

All reviews
"large house"
"private tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I spent the weekend in Reims with a close friend and couldn't have been happier with RAW France. Rachel is amazing. Not only did she choose unique champagne houses for us to visit, but she also recommended great restaurants and made an awesome (gluten-free) lunch for us. The highlight was definitely the family winery, Wafflart-Briet. The champagne we tasted was absolutely superb, and the company of Rachel and her adorable boyfriend made our day even better! I just cannot compliment Rachel enough. She is flexible, organized, bubbly, fun, knows a ton about champagne, and she knows how to take care of her clients and especially knows how to make them happy. Rachel - Reims was the best part of my 10 days in Europe - I will never forget you and HOPE to see you again (I will be your tour guide in California wine country someday)! Best of luck to you - I see lots of success in your future.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My friend and I spent the weekend in Reims and not knowing our way around and not having a car, we decided to go with a private tour. My friend is the one that actually found RAW France. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Rachel ensured that we had a great weekend. She organized all tours and champagne house visits, she helped make restaurant recommendations for our Saturday lunch and dinners and she even went out of her way to pick us up and drop us off at the train station. She was enjoyable to be around and definitely made our weekend a fun experience. I hope to bring my husband back to Champagne and when I do, I will most certainly give Rachel a call.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I and our 18 year old son just returned from our trip to Paris. We are so happy we did a day trip to Reims with Raw France. We wanted to tour some champagne houses, but we had no transportation. We chose a day trip with Raw France after reading all of the wonderful reviews. Although Rachel has really just started this business, she is doing an incredible job. She was always prompt with her email responses, and was waiting for us as soon as we arrived at the train station. She has a warm and bubbly personaltiy, and we immediately felt comfortable with her. She arranged visits with two larger champagne houses, as well as with her family's. Our favorite part was sitting in her family's home, tasting champagne, and just learning about their lives. Thanks Rachel, we really loved our visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I found the RAW France tour through TripAdvisor and our experience was a highlight of our two week visit to France. Rachel, the owner operator of RAW France was delightful from the moment she met us at the train station. She has a friendly and engaging manner and the obvious warmth she has for her French family and for the topic of champagne shone through. We were able to taste several varieties of the family champagne, encouraged to eat the beautiful food and taken for a tour through the vines. If I had to choose between this tour and a big name one, I would choose and recommend this one hands down. Thank you Rachel and the Wafflart-Briet family for your hopitality.

Been to WB Champagne? Share your experiences!