“Wonderful Afternoon”

Cris-Event Champagne Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Food & Drink in Reims
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to discover the vineyard of Champagne, its region, its history and its taste!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time with Cris. He picked us and another couple up at our hotel. We drove around Reims a bit and the headed into the vineyards. Cris had a lot of information about the process of making Champagne. We even stopped and he explained the vines and how they are grown and cut. The two small Champagne houses we visited for tastings were fantastic! Although his english is not perfect he really went above and beyond to try and answer questions. You can tell he really enjoys his work! I would recommend him to all my friends!

There are newer reviews for Cris-Event Champagne Tour

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a lovely day on our half-day Cris-Event champagne tour! Cris picked my mother and I up from our B&B in Reims right on time and after picking up one other guest we were on our way. We stopped at some vineyards with beautiful views on our way to the champagne houses, and learnt so much about the vines!

We visited 2 small champagne houses (including the cellars of one) with very friendly owners and beautiful champagne. Cris explained the champagne-making process from start to finish, and showed us all of the equipment used. We were so impressed when we discovered that Cris had only been learning English for 6 months - his English is very good and can only get better!

To end the tour, Cris drove us down Champagne Avenue in Epernay, past the grand champagne houses. He dropped us off in Epernay because my mother and I were doing a tour of one of the big champagne houses in the afternoon. He recommended a wonderful (and well-priced) restaurant for lunch (Chez Max) and even rang and made a reservation for us! He also dropped our Champagne purchases back at our B&B so that we didn't have to carry them around all afternoon.

It was an unforgettable day and Cris was a fantastic host!

1  Thank Deanna E
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a great experience! Cris picked my husband and I up from the train station after we missed our first train and had to change plans at the last minute. He was so accommodating! We got to visit three small champagne houses on the half day trip and it was fantastic! There were five other people in our group so it was a perfect size. I would recommend this event to family and friends (I already have)!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

From the moment we met Cris, we knew it would be a special day. He had welcome gifts for all our family which made 3 children pay attention! Apart from the amazing caves we were privileged to visit,Cris gave us a wonderful insight into the local area and history. Cris also organised lunch at a fabulous brasserie with no tourists which was special indeed. We will use Cris on our next visit to explore further.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I went to Reims on November 16 and took the champagne tour with Chris. We really enjoyed ourselves and Chris was very passionate and informative about champagne and the region. Our tour was with another couple from England and the five of us had a great time. We toured Reims and Epernay for one reasonable price. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Been to Cris-Event Champagne Tour? Share your experiences!