“Great sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centre Erlon-Est
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They serve good fresh sushi, the only issue might be that they are slightly too expensive.
Black Box is better suited to feed 3 hungry people, not 4. It also comes with both salty and sweet soy sauce.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The fish was all previously frozen and smelled very fishy. The taste was bad and the fish seemed to be old. Service was average and wine list poor.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We loved the sushi here, there isn't much choice in Reims and we were delighted with our choice. I agree with the other reviewers, its a little pricier than an ordinary japenese.

Modern interior, innovative food right in the city center.

Recommend!

1  Thank Gourmande4foods
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Quite simply the best sushi I have eaten almost anywhere.
Innovative and delicious - not one single item could be faulted.
Make a detour and have a few beers in the lovely square right next to kit.

1  Thank Ewan S
Reviewed January 29, 2010

When in France, I insist that in order to have a true French culinary experience you must stop into Sushi Shop and have a few pieces of a maki roll with foie gras! I blogged about it at http://thetastysidetolife.blogspot.com/. Check it out!

Only in France would you get to experience the luxury of "foie graset douceur de figues" or sushi with foie gras, figs and nuts? Sounds weird I know, I know but oh my, oh my it was glorious. The perfect odd textural complex of sticky rice, rich, soft, delicate and savory foie gras, sweet fig and crunchy nut. It was like a little French-Japanese explosion in my mouth. I'm not sure if I ever would have been couragious enough to order it on my own but I'm glad that I ran into Mr. Louis De Maillard, that he decided to join us, that he lent me his camera to take pictures and that I got to experience this gout de pur bonheur!

The rest of the sushi experience was incredible as well (ok, ok it might not be real traditional sushi but it was good). Hot green tea that I desperately needed to warm my body, tasty miso soup, a salmon roll with no rice or seaweed but wrapped in velvety, perfectly ripe avocado and a well constructed and perfectly seasoned seaweed salad with a hint of sesame oil and pepper. Oh France... you never cease to surprise me. Here is Sushi Shop's address in case you come to France and want to try this little delight. There are a few in Paris and all around France. It's the middle roll in the pictures where you can see the speckles of fig :)