“Fishy” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sushi Shop

Sushi Shop
Ranked #256 of 433 Restaurants in Reims
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centre Erlon-Est
“Fishy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The fish was all previously frozen and smelled very fishy. The taste was bad and the fish seemed to be old. Service was average and wine list poor.

Visited December 2012

Le Vesinet, France
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We loved the sushi here, there isn't much choice in Reims and we were delighted with our choice. I agree with the other reviewers, its a little pricier than an ordinary japenese.

Modern interior, innovative food right in the city center.

Recommend!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gourmande4foods
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and fabulous presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Quite simply the best sushi I have eaten almost anywhere.
Innovative and delicious - not one single item could be faulted.
Make a detour and have a few beers in the lovely square right next to kit.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ewan S
san francisco, ca
“Sushi the French way- Avec Foie Gras?! Yummmmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

When in France, I insist that in order to have a true French culinary experience you must stop into Sushi Shop and have a few pieces of a maki roll with foie gras! I blogged about it at http://thetastysidetolife.blogspot.com/. Check it out!

Only in France would you get to experience the luxury of "foie graset douceur de figues" or sushi with foie gras, figs and nuts? Sounds weird I know, I know but oh my, oh my it was glorious. The perfect odd textural complex of sticky rice, rich, soft, delicate and savory foie gras, sweet fig and crunchy nut. It was like a little French-Japanese explosion in my mouth. I'm not sure if I ever would have been couragious enough to order it on my own but I'm glad that I ran into Mr. Louis De Maillard, that he decided to join us, that he lent me his camera to take pictures and that I got to experience this gout de pur bonheur!

The rest of the sushi experience was incredible as well (ok, ok it might not be real traditional sushi but it was good). Hot green tea that I desperately needed to warm my body, tasty miso soup, a salmon roll with no rice or seaweed but wrapped in velvety, perfectly ripe avocado and a well constructed and perfectly seasoned seaweed salad with a hint of sesame oil and pepper. Oh France... you never cease to surprise me. Here is Sushi Shop's address in case you come to France and want to try this little delight. There are a few in Paris and all around France. It's the middle roll in the pictures where you can see the speckles of fig :)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very trendy and creative...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

Very trendy and creative Japanese ''Style'' Cusine. Good taste and less expensive than ''Matsuri''. Only one big table so if you're more than 5 you would perhaps better reserve the day before. You also MAY have to wait for a while before they serve you...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook